Leveling Murderer - Chapter 2

 Episode 2: Recovery Spell

 

“o-ouch..”

 

As soon as I got out of bed the next morning, I checked all the news channels on the TV.

Of course, I wanted to see if yesterday's incident had made the news.

 

I watched all the channels for an hour, but none of the channels had any news about the murder in the park last night.

 

If I knew the name of the man from yesterday, I could be more proactive in my research.......

...... Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure the voice that echoed in my head yesterday referred to that guy as Shinichi Gotoda.

 

"Shinichi Gotoda, Shinichi Gotoda......"

I thoroughly searched for the name Shinichi Gotoda in the newspapers.

I also searched the Internet.

 

However, I still couldn't get any information on the case regarding Shinichi Gotoda.

 

“What happened to that guy ......?”

The lack of evidence made it seem as if yesterday's events had been a dream.

 

But the bruises and pain on my body were the best proof that it was not a dream but reality.

I think back once again to the voice that echoed in my head yesterday.

The voice said that my level had gone up because I killed Shinichi Gotoda.

It also said that my HP and strength had increased, just like in a game.

 

“I think it also said something else....... What was it?”

My mind was foggy from the beating I had taken yesterday, so I tried to concentrate on remembering.

 

“......Yes. A spell. Let's see, I think it's ...... Recovery?”

 

~Piro Piro Rin!~

 

The moment I uttered the spell, a strange sound effect echoed in my head.

Immediately after, the pain disappeared from my body.

 

“What?!..... Huh?”

 

I moved my arms, my legs, felt my stomach, touched my face.

Then I went straight to the bathroom and looked around in the mirror to see my whole body.

 

“...... it’s healed!”

Yesterday I was covered in bruises, but now I don't have a single scratch on my body.

In fact, even the old scar on my back from elementary school was completely gone.

 

“What's this ...... because of the spell I just said out loud......?”

 

I wrinkled my eyebrows in front of the mirror.

What the hell is happening around me yesterday and today?

 

Ping-pong.

That's when the doorbell rang.

 

Is that the police?!

I braced myself for a moment.

 

“Good morning, I'm Shimizu from next door.”

It was Ms. Shimizu, who lived in the next room of the apartment.

 

I hurriedly dressed myself and headed for the door.

I opened the door.

 

“Oh, hi. Good morning, Shimizu-san.”

I greeted her with my usual calmness.

 

Ms. Shimizu is a woman who started living in this same building last month with her high school daughter.

 

I heard that she was thirty-six years old, but she looked so young that I could hardly believe it.

She looks so young that it would be easy to say that she is in the same age group as me, but in reality I'm younger than her.

 

“This is leftover curry from yesterday, I made lots of it, you can have some if you want.”

“Oh, sorry to bother you all the time.”

 

She held out a Tupperware filled with curry.

As you can see, Shimizu-san often shares her homemade dishes with me, probably out of concern for me living alone.

At first I thought it was an annoyance, but now it has become one of my secret pleasures because Shimizu-san's homemade food is so much better than those restaurants.

 

“Yamato-kun, what are you doing today?”

“Oh, it's my first day off in a while.”

“Oh, really? I'm off work today too, what a coincidence!”

 

Shimizu-san works at a nearby bento shop.

I used to be a fan of that bento shop, but after Shimizu-san started working there, I felt somewhat embarrassed and avoided it.

That's why nowadays I buy my lunches from convenience stores all the time.

 

“Today is Misa's day off due to her high school's foundation day, so we're going to the aquarium together.”

“Oh really, you two get along well.”

“We were all set to go to the amusement park, but you know, it's raining so hard.”

Shimizu-san looked back.

As I heard on TV, the area around this place has been experiencing a lot of rainfall since late yesterday.

“But Misa is also in her second year and has to study for her exams, so she can't play around too much~.”

I met her daughter, Misa, only once since she moved into her apartment.

I got the impression that she was a cute girl who looked clever.

“See you later. Also, you don't have to worry about washing the Tupperware~”

After saying that, Shimizu-san left with her hands fluttering.

 

“Thank you very much.”

I thanked her as I faced the gap in the closing door.

I made sure the door was closed properly and took a breath, "Phew~......".

 

"Let's go to the park .......”

I've decided that I should see for myself what happened yesterday.

 

~Gyururu~

My stomach growled.

 

“I guess I'm still hungry at a time like this.......”

Disgusted with myself, I took the tupperware I received from Shimizu-san and headed for the kitchen.

 

I put it in the fridge.

“Let's have the curry for dinner.”

 

I took out a loaf of bread instead.

"Yes. Bread is best in the morning.”

 

I set a loaf of bread in the toaster, deliberately trying to act cheerful even though no one was looking, perhaps because I felt guilty about killing someone.


PREVIOUSINDEX | NEXT

ga7axy: I will be trying to upload 3 chapters of this every day so if you want to show some support you can use these links below, thank you so much in advance!

Ko-fi

Donate With Paypal

Patreon 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments: