Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 42

 Episode 42 Going to the Royal Capital

I am a golem.

I enjoyed a bit of rock climbing in the hole where I slaughtered the evil dragon. Rock climbing is quite physically demanding. If it were a human body, I would have suffered from muscle pain. But I'm a golem, and I had nothing to do with muscle pain.

Suddenly, I realized.

I wondered what the hell I was doing in a hole. Shouldn't I be doing this in a mountain with a better view, or on a cliff that has never been climbed before? I was astonished that I wasn't making use of my golem body at all, so I stopped rock climbing in the hole.

Where should I go when I get out of the hole? It would be best to find out what happened to the mermaid who was sold. I don't like the idea of overlooking an unwilling slavery. I don't sleep, so I'm awake all the time. For that, I should go to a place where there are many humans.

Fufufu. I'm not stupid either. I used to be mistaken for a demon and forced to retreat. But now, I've acquired the skill of [Hidden]. If I use this skill, I should be able to enter the city of people. Because adults with clean hearts are surely an endangered species! If there's a problem, it's probably the children. However, if you look at my lovely metal body with unclouded eyes, you won't see anything evil. The children I rescued from the goblins in the past have proven this.

Yes, this metal body of mine is like a mirror that reflects the mind of the other person.

Hmm, good point. No one was listening though, but I said something really good. I want to use it in a cool way someday.

And so, I began my journey to the capital. I didn't just walk to it. I am always striving to improve. I've developed a new way of using the line light. I am afraid of myself.

First of all, when I move, I keep a line light on my back. The more I move, the longer the line light will extend. I must remember to make it disappear naturally as time passes. That way, it will trace the path of my movement! Yes, a trajectory. Not a miraculous trajectory. A trajectory.

I've developed a great use of this.

They are essential for creating light trails and a sense of speed. There are stories about people who were so fast that they could only see the afterimage, but the average person wouldn't even be able to see the afterimage! If there is a trail of light, anyone can see my speed. I want to convey my greatness to beginners in an easy-to-understand way. Fufufu.

Furthermore, I am not alone in my quest to reach the royal capital this time. No, to be precise, I'm still a loner, but periodically, little spirits come around me and thank me for defeating the Evil Dragon. Apparently, Hikaru was able to return to the spirit world safely. It seems that my popularity is on the rise among the spirits. I waved my hand lightly, telling them not to worry about me.

So, some of these spirits were interested in the line-light practice that I had been doing. And by chance, a dream collaboration came true! When the spirits attached themselves to the line lights, the line lights took on colors!

Red for fire spirits, blue for water spirits, green for wind spirits, and so on!

Fufufu. This is hot! So hot! Not hot in the sense of heat energy. It's hot in the heart! When you hold the line light in your hand like a sword of light and swing it around, it's really cool that you can change the color!

I knew I had made the right choice in choosing my line-light magic. What magic could be more mind-blowing? there is, NONE!

{Log: Excitement has subsided due to the effects of the [Enlightened One]}

The only problem is that I can't color it without a spirit. I can't use summoning magic or spirit magic, so I can only use it when there are spirits nearby, but that's an issue I'll have to look into in the future.

I don't know where Royal Capital is, even though I'm going there.

The map I was shown in the land of mermaids did not show any countries or cities. Above all, I didn't know where I was. I looked for a street and decided to walk alongside it.

[Hidden] is useful. It is a skill that I could indeed use.

Even when I pass by human adults, they don't see me, so they don't make a fuss. However, children seemed to be able to see me, and some of them pointed at me. However, the adults didn't take the children seriously, so I didn't get spotted by the adults, and things went smoothly.

As I continued on my way, I finally saw a city. But I couldn't see anything that looked like a castle, so I guess it wasn't the royal capital. Incidentally, the reason I was aiming for the royal capital was because I thought that if it was a crowded place, someone who had bought a mermaid would be proud to talk about it.

I'm not sure what it is about slaves that makes them want to kidnap them and sell them off, but slaves are a natural part of this world. They are as natural as air. That's why I think they would be proud if they got a rare slave. The pricks will know the pricks. I'd be happy if I could wipe them all out.

With that in mind, I succeeded in sneaking into the city. Fufufu. I'm not the same person I used to be. I'm a golem, so I don't have an expression, but I can't stop smiling. Yafuu.

So, I walked around the city of humans.

I walked, looking around. The [Hidden] only makes you invisible, so if you get touched, people will notice my presence. So, I proceed with caution so as not to bump into anyone.

The streets are made of brick. The streets are more beautiful than I expected. I was impressed by the roadside trees and such. The ground was paved with stones only on the main street.

There was a grocery store, so I looked inside and there was a brown brush that was just the right size and length. A brush!! Heh Heh Heh. There was no sign of me. It's easy to take something if I wanted to. I glanced at the human elderly lady tending the store and left without picking up anything.

There is no way that someone as pure-hearted as me could pick up something without paying for it.

I didn’t chicken out. Because I know it, even if no one else knows it. I think there's a Chinese proverb that says, “Heaven knows, earth knows, you know, and I know”. That’s exactly it.

I walked along a bit. There was a building where adventurers with weapons were entering. I guessed it was some kind of adventurer's guild. I followed the adventurers and went in. It seemed to have a tavern attached to it. It's a little awkward.

Many of the women at the guild's reception desk are young and beautiful. Doesn't the behaviour of men change anywhere in the world? It's a sad fact of life. I wandered around the guild and the tavern. There were quite a few people there, but no one could catch sight of me. There are only adults with dirty minds.

In the midst of all this, a boy came running into the guild at a brisk pace. He seems to be in some kind of a hurry. He's a child, so there's a chance he can see me. Let's sneak out from the shadows and hear what he has to say.

It seems that a big bear demon has appeared in the boy's village. He asked the lord to take it down, but he's not doing a very good job. One of the inhabitants of the village has already been eaten, and they don't know when the bear, which has learned to taste human, will attack, so the inhabitants of the village have worked hard to raise money and come to the guild to ask for help.

The woman at the guild's reception is troubled. It seems that even though it's a lot of money for the villagers, it's still a small price to pay to ask the guild to take the request. That's why she suggests asking the knights. The boy persisted, but the guild's receptionist did not take the request. It seems that the boy's village is just in the opposite direction from the royal capital, and it's not a place where many people pass by, so I have a feeling he's being treated poorly.

At times like this, it's standard for adventurers to come out and say, "Boy, we'll go for you!" but none of them did. Well, none of them were clean-hearted, and there was no reason to risk their lives for cheap money. It couldn't be helped.

The boy went into the building that the receptionist had told him about, which seemed to be the Knights' quarters. Then he trudged out. He must have been refused. There was no sign of the knights coming out. He rode home on a rather heavy horse, probably a farming horse.

By the way, I have been stalking him. I'm following the boy, moving quickly from one shady place to another. It took us a whole day to reach the village. We took a short break on the way, but the boy is quite a determined soul. The horse held up well, too.

The village was empty and looked uninhabited. They must be holed up in their houses. A few houses have collapsed. Is this the remains of the bear attack? A boy walks into the biggest house. I approach the window of the house and sneak a peek inside. The boy is crying and reports that he was rejected. The villagers around him slumped their shoulders as they heard this.

The world is all about money, isn't it? This is no different from the earth. Money is the common language of adults.

Night had fallen, and a beast came to the sleeping village. Yes, it was a bear. It was huge. It looks like it's about seven meters tall when it stands up, and even when it's walking on four legs, it looks like it's about three meters tall. What the heck is this thing? Is it really a bear? It's a bear.

The horse whinnied, as if it had noticed the bear. It was the same farm horse that was carrying the boy. The bear noticed the horse and moved closer. Even in the biggest house, there is a sign that someone is awake. Oh, there's a boy looking out the window at the horse. He looks a little frustrated.

Just as the bear approached the horse and was about to wave his hand down, I shot my line light at the bear's head. With a thud, the bear's head disappeared, and with a thud, its huge body slammed into the ground. There was a hole in the house behind the bear, but I didn't care.

Fufufu. I can even attack from a distance, so I have no blind spots! I'm afraid of myself.

There is a reason why I came to this village. I didn't just come here because I felt sorry for the boy. This village seemed to be just opposite of the royal capital, so I had a clever calculation that if I went straight back to the town from this village and continued on, I could reach the royal capital.

And so, I made my way back to the city and then on to the capital without being seen by anyone.

Three days later, a team of knights from the city went to the village to kill the Bear, but I didn't know anything about it.


Patreon


NEXT

PREVIOUS

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments: