Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu> - Chapter 38 Prayer

 Episode 38 – Prayer

I am a golem.

A golem that does not need to eat or sleep, and its power source is unknown.

It took me six days to pull out the weeds, without resting, buchi, buchi, buchi. I've finally done it!

The grass is gone from the garden of the house. Just the absence of grass makes it look much better. Well, it's not that pretty, since there's no lawn. I put all the weeds together. It will have to be thrown away or burned somewhere.

After finishing my work, I headed back to the mansion. This was a lot of hard work. It wouldn't hurt to get a brush or something. I arrive at the door of the mansion. Of course, Sebastian is nowhere to be found. Damn you, Sebastian. What could he be doing in the house? He has nothing to do...

I'm going inside the house. Brush, where's the brush?

I knew it would be dusty inside the house. There's so much dust that my footprints are left behind as I walk. I thought the mansion was magnificent even from the outside, and that impression remained the same as I entered. It's a splendid mansion. I wonder if a nobleman or a big merchant lived there, since there was even a butler.

I walked around the mansion. Hmm, I can't find what I'm looking for. It's such a big place, there must be cleaning tools. I open and close the doors of the various rooms, opening and closing them again. There are so many ornaments, and the furniture looks so expensive, I feel like I'm walking through a museum.

But I wonder why such a magnificent building is abandoned. And it's strange that it hasn't been ransacked by bandits or something. Maybe it was Sebastian's attack that repelled them. I'm not sure how strong Sebastian is, though.

In the midst of all this, I opened one of the doors and was surprised. There was a bath. Of course, there was no water, but there was a bath! I went into the bath and started to touch things to see if I could get some water out. Since this is a magical world, they must have used some magical power to make the bath. There were no rivers or wells around the house.

I wondered what I should do. My intuition tells me that the dragon's head with its mouth open on the edge of the bathtub is suspicious. The eyes are inlaid with a blue gem on one side and a red gem on the other. I think it's water and hot water. How does it get filled?

I poked the jewel with my finger and got no response. I tried putting my hand in his mouth, but he didn't respond. Oh, goodness, goodness, goodness, I stroked the top of its head and chin with both hands, and there was a reaction ....... Something glittered in his eyes. I'm not sure if it's going to come. I'm not sure what to say.

Hot water came pouring out of the dragon's mouth. It looks really hot. I tried to touch it, but I'm not sure how it feels. Being a metal golem, I thought it would be sensitive to heat, but it was insensitive.

I had a vague idea from the time I put my hand on the roof's forehead, but I don't seem to feel heat or cold very well. I guess heat and cold are not a threat to this metal body. I don't know if it's good or bad, because I can't say, "Wow, that's nice hot water.”

I can't wait for the water to fill up. The bathtub is quite large, so it might take a while to fill up. Let's go check out the other rooms we haven't seen yet.

I opened the door next to me and found myself in a bathroom. To my surprise, it was a toilet that could flush. The other world is really doing it. I found the brush I had been looking for. Along with a variety of cleaning tools!

I picked up one of the shorter brushes. It's just the right length!

But let's not be hasty. This is the kind of brush you find in a place like this. I can't shake the possibility that it's a toilet cleaning brush. I don't want to wash my body with a toilet brush, that's for sure. Maybe it's better to get a towel instead of a brush.

Oops, the bath water might have filled up by now, so let's go back.

The bathtub is still only half full. But I don't care. I'll just go in. But the steam is still amazing. It's like boiling water. It's not boiling, but it's boiling enough to make a cup of ramen.

Finally, the bathtub was filled with hot water. As soon as the bathtub was full, the hot water that had been coming out of the dragon's mouth slowly stopped. Oh, I was a little worried, but it was indeed magic. How convenient. After that, I soaked myself in the hot water with my eyes closed. I don't fall asleep, so I don't have to worry about drowning in the bathtub.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

Oh, the voices of the world are still doing their job at a time like this. It's a lot of work because there are so many attack logs from ghosts. Thanks again! The Voice of the World!

I wait in anticipation for the voice to say, "Your friendship level has increased. But no matter how long I waited, I did not hear such a voice. I guess I was a little too eager.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

Instead, another attack log from Ghost sounded. I opened my eyes to find Sebastian standing at the entrance to the bath. What the hell, let me at least take a bath. Shaking my head in disbelief, I was attacked again.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

There's no rest for the weary voice of the world. Well, all joking aside, there's also the problem of so many attack logs from ghosts. Sebastian is really narrow-minded. As we got out of the bath, Sebastian pointed to a black stone set into the wall near the entrance to the bath.

What is it? Do you want me to push it?

When I pressed the black stone with a click, a small hole like a beehive opened up at the bottom of the bathtub, and the hot water flowed out all at once. It's a convenient world. Or is it that this house is special?

--One week later

I've gotten used to this house. I didn't want to be a nuisance without doing something, so I cleaned the house from corner to corner. Everywhere is spotlessly clean. I even went to the trouble of getting ladders to clean the chandeliers and ceilings, which were hard to reach, so you can understand how meticulous I am.

Seeing me like this, Sebastian started to treat me a little more kindly. Maybe he was lonely spending time alone after all. I couldn't help but think of the maid when I talked to Sebastian. However, I immediately shook my head to the left and right, saying that I shouldn't think about it, and changed my mind.

Sebastian, by the way, disappears at a certain time. I thought about following him, but I wondered why I had to stalk the bearded butler. I don't have that much time on my hands either. I worked diligently at cleaning.

There was a room in the house with a very grand door. I had tried to enter that room before. However, every time I tried to touch the door, Sebastian would interrupt me. He is as reluctant to enter the room as a junior high school boy.

Taking advantage of Sebastian's absence, I entered the room with the magnificent door. What's in this room? I was about to look around the room when my eyes met Sebastian's. What the hell is Sebastian doing in this room? What the heck, was Sebastian always in this room? I felt a little regret that I must have been stalking Sebastian.

As usual, I was expecting to hear a log of attacks from Ghost, but I heard nothing.

What's going on? Sebastian. What's wrong with you that you haven't attacked me? Are you sick?

{Log: Due to the effects of the Enlightened One, your agitated state has been resolved.}

The voice of the world is always doing its job.

It seems that Sebastian is just not attacking me.

In the center of the room floated a beautiful black stone the size of a basketball. What the hell is that?

Sebastian was standing still, holding his hand over the black stone. Sebastian's hand is glowing slightly. It's kind of cool. I don't know what Sebastian is holding his hand up for, but I'm going to hold my hand up to the black stone as well.

The black stone is floating at the height of Sebastian's chest, which is quite high from my perspective. By the way, Sebastian has a huge body, about 190cm tall. I, on the other hand, am only about 100cm tall. I stepped under the black stone and held my hand over it in a sort of banzai gesture.

{Log: The golem poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

Whoa, did I just use MP for the first time?

I want to check my status just to be sure, I want to check only my HP and MP, but can I do that? I don't need to hide my skills and titles.

Status!

---

Name Golem

Race Metal Golem

Lv 12

Status

Maximum HP: 578

Maximum MP: 551

--

Wow! I can choose what I want to see in the status. That's easy to understand.

But there's still no difference in the MP value. My fixed status is not a fluke.

The color of the stone also seems to have changed a bit. I think it's a little brighter black than before.

Oh! My hand is also glowing slightly! It looks like I'm using that technique to gather everyone's power now. Well, instead of gathering everyone's power, my power is being taken away from me. However, my status is fixed. It doesn't matter how much MP I use.

I wonder if it will change even more if I keep pouring it in like this. I'll give it a try, and pour more MP into it.

Haaaaah!

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

Not yet! I can still do it! My MP is not like this!

Haaaaaaaaah!

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log:  Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 100 MP into the sealed jewel}

The color of the treasure ball kept changing, becoming whiter and whiter.

Sebastian somehow quit holding up his hand and stared at me with a wide-eyed, astonished expression.

Oops, if Sebastian quits holding up his hand, I'll be the only one pouring power into the jewel. It's kind of cool! Before I knew it, not only my palm, but my entire body was glowing dimly.

Good, good, good! A real fantasy! Let's keep going!

More! Take more!

{Log: Golem has poured 500 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 500 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 500 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 500 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 500 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 500 MP into the sealed jewel}

{Log: Golem has poured 500 MP into the sealed jewel}

I'll go further!

Oooooohhhh!

{Log: The excitement has subsided due to the effects of the [Enlightened One]}

Oh no, the treasure ball started glowing white. Looking back at the log, I saw that there was a sealed jewel, so maybe it's not a good one. I wonder if I've done it again.

{Log: The sealed jewel has been offered the prescribed amount of magic power}

{Log: The sealed jewel will be released}

The jewel flashed and glowed. After emitting a dazzling light, the entire mansion was filled with magic power. The woman was in her early twenties, with a beautiful face. Her skin was sickly white. She had rather small to none breasts.

{Log: The White Witch <Quest> has been unleashed}

Oh, a witch named Quest, apparently. The voice of the world tells me things that I don't know without hesitation. That's the voice of the world! That's what I love about you! I clap my hands in my heart.

{Log: Your friendship with the Voice of the World has increased by 1}

{You have gained the title [Friend of the Voice].

{You have gained the skill [Interpretation] as a result of gaining the title [Friend of the Voice].

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

I've made up with you! I've finally made peace with the voices of the world! I'll never lose my voice friend again! Now I know what Sebastian and the others are saying! My time has come again!

{Log: The effects of the Enlightened One have calmed my excitement}

I was alone with my joy. Behind me, Sebastian is shedding tears and bowing in greeting to the White Witch Quest.

“Master, I have been waiting for you. I'm sorry it took so long to break the seal.”

"Thank you, Glass. Thanks to you I am finally back to normal.

"No, Master. It was not my power. If it hadn't been for the funny golem, I don't know how much longer it would have taken.”

"Funny golem?”

"The little silver golem over there, frozen with his hands up in the air.

・・・・・・ Well, it certainly looks a little strange. The house is also filled with a very strong and clear magic power.”

I'm not sure what to do. But Sebastian's name is Glass? Sebastian was not Sebastian, I thought to myself. The White Witch came up to me and thanked me.

"Thank you, Silver Golem, for helping to free me.”

I shake my head left and right as if to say, "Never mind”. The butler behind me, Glass, also speaks to me.

"Silver Golem, thank you for freeing my Lord, and forgive me for my past rudeness. I thought you were a demon who approached this house with malicious intent. I am sorry.”

I nodded my head from side to side as if to say, "Don't worry about it". The white witch saw that I could not speak, and she understood.

"Are you unable to speak, Lord Silver Golem?”

Yes. That's right. Unfortunately, I can't speak.

I nodded slowly in affirmation.

"I'm sorry, but I can't speak.”

What! How can I speak? I buzzed and shook my head.

Quest smiles at me and tells Glass to bring me the Necklace of the Spirit of Words. Glass seemed a little surprised, but quickly said, "Yes, my Lord," and left the room.

If you wear the necklace, you will be able to communicate your intentions to others. You can think of it as telekinesis.

Immediately, Glass brought the necklace to me. I don't know why, but there's a guy in a maid's uniform with him. The quest spoke to the maid-dressed knight.

"Well, Cup! You've been liberated too. With so much magic in the air, I'm sure the rest of us will be back to normal soon!”

It seems that the skeleton maid is called Cup. This mansion seems to have been a haunted house. To be honest, I want to get out early.

Quest receives a <Kotodama Necklace>  from glass and kneels in front of me.

"Silver Golem, are you sure you want to put it on?"

I nodded my head in affirmation. When Quest put the necklace on my neck, the necklace glowed and disappeared with a swoosh. Quest and Glass froze, their eyes wide open at the sight.

"What?

Quest asks me fearfully.

"Silver Golem, I'm sorry, but can I use my appraisal skill on you?

Apparently, Quest can use appraisal. I nodded yes.

{Log: Golem has been appraised}

Will the voices of the world tell me about the appraisal? I'm impressed.

Now I can always tell what has been appraised. I can't do anything about it, though, because I just know. There's nothing to be embarrassed about being seen, yeah I shouldn’t hesitate.

Huh!

I didn't wanted to be seen for my [be stupid] skills. I screwed up!

The quest that appraised me froze on the spot. She was mumbling something about how impossible it was, and how such power could exist in this world. As she was mumbling, Glass tapped Quests shoulder and brought her back to her senses.

"Silver Golem-dono, no, Golem-sama. I'm sorry. You have a very strong power. Because of this, it seems that you cannot equip magic items. You may be able to equip swords and shields, but nothing else seems to be possible.”

What a shocking revelation. I can't believe it's impossible for me to enhance my magic items! Well, I'm not in trouble, so it's not a problem. I've never used magic items before.

The quest was very apologetic. She's trying to think of something she can do in return. I don't want anything in particular, though.

“It would be painful for me not to be able to thank you for what you've done, so if you'd like, I can give you one of the scrolls that will help you learn beginner-level magic. It's a kind of contract magic, so you don't need to be able to read.”

I got one of the scrolls and decided to leave the house.

I don't want to live in a haunted house, as you might expect.

The three, Glass, Cup & Quest came to see me off. In addition to the three, the numbers of the maids are increasing rapidly. I guess with a mansion this big, you need a lot of maids.

At the gate of the mansion, I turned and waved for the last time. I was surprised to see that the maids, who were made of skeleton, had become maids just like normal humans. There was no blood on their skin, though. When Quest bowed, the other maids bowed in sync, so did Glass and Cup.

I bowed back and left the gate of the mansion. The mansion that had been there until then disappeared, leaving only a grassy field with sparse trees. It was a haunted house, after all.

{You have gained the titleTomodachi of the Dead}

{By gaining the title [Tomodachi of the Dead], you have gained the skill [Prayer]}

Oh, I got the title of "friend" after we parted again. Since I'm going out of my way, I pray for the souls of the inhabitants of the mansion at the end. I prayed especially for Sebastian, who had been with me for a long time.. May he rest in peace.

{Log: The Golem has dealt 300 damage to the ghosts.}

{Log: The Ghosts have ascended to Heaven}

{Log: Golem has been raised to level 13}



(T/N- If you are enjoying this series please let me know if you want me to continue translating this.)



Next

Previous

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments:

  1. Golem: Hmm, I think I made a booboo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quien pidió un final anticlimatico??
    Gracias por traducir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for translating! I enjoj this novell, so funny and makes me feel good! :)

    ReplyDelete