Kawaranu Mono<Kirameki no Gōremu> - Chapter 39 Magic

 Episode 39 - Magic

I don't know why, but when I prayed, my level went up to 13.

Could it be that prayer is an attack skill?

Nah, no way.

But what about the damage done to the dead with the skills gained from [Tomodachi of the Dead]? Is helping them ascend to the heavens supposed to be a salvation for them?

There was no way to check, so I decided to climb the mountain without worrying about it.

On top of the mountain, I unfold the scroll that the White Witch Quest gave me. I can't read what's written on it. I was told that I can't equip magic items, but I wonder if I can use the scroll for magic items.

Let's give it a try. If I can remember it, I'll be lucky.

{Choose your fate: Do you want to use a scroll of magic? You will not be able to use any other Scroll of Magic}

!? When I tried to use the magic scroll, I was faced with a fateful choice. What to do? What should I do now? I don't know if I'll be able to get a magic scroll in the future. But I might be able to get a more powerful scroll.

However, this magic scroll is quite rare. It's so rare that white witch considered it rare.

Hmm, let's do it! I'll use it!

{Result: The magic scroll is activated. From now on the golem will not be able to learn any other magic}

What? It's not that I can't use magic scrolls, it's that I can't learn any other magic! I feel a bit cheated by the explanation of the choice of fate. However, since I have never learned any skills other than my title, there is no way for me to learn magic on my own, and since I can no longer use scrolls to learn magic, it might mean that there is no way for me to learn magic anymore.

{Log: Golem learned the magic of Line Light}

Well, good. Let's just be happy that we can use magic now, shall we? What I got was a scroll of line light. Normally, light is a magic that produces round balls of light, but line light is a magic that produces long, thin lines of light.

Hmmm... Magic that takes on unusual shapes is rare.

Now, let's try it. I just have to think "Line Light" and the magic will work. In time, I should be able to use it naturally just by turning my attention to it.

Line light!

A beam of light comes out of my eyes.

It's a ray! It's a laser! It's cool!!

I'm a metal golem, so I always thought it would be cool to be able to send out rays of light, like a robot. Pfft. I was right on the mark!

I thought the light would disappear when it hit the thick tree in front of me, but it went through.

What? I thought the line light was just a light to brighten things up, but it also has offensive power? That's pretty cool. I'm glad I miscalculated.

By the way, I can launch a line light from anywhere in my body. Once I've mastered it, I also can apparently launch it from places far away from me. Hmmm... I can't stop laughing. I guess I now have the means to attack at range.

--Three days later.

I've been practicing magic while I sleep. I don't need to sleep, though. For the past three days, I've been studying the power of magic.

Apparently, the power of the line light changes depending on the magic power that is put into it.

If I use a line light without thinking about it, I can produce a beam of light that can penetrate a thick tree trunk.

The thickness and length of the light is just that. Think of the long, thin fluorescent lights used in offices and schools. It's similar to that.

And if I reduce the amount of magic, I put into it, it will only hit the tree trunk and not penetrate it. This way, I wouldn't have to worry about killing them unnecessarily.

So, I used the line light with all my magical power, and a tunnel was created in the mountain. The size of the tunnel was about 150cm, a little larger than my body. I don't know how far it goes, but I can't see the end. It was such a big mountain.

It must not have gone through ・・・・・・.

By the way, the line light can be kept on the spot. Rather, it seems normal to stay there. It seems that the reason why the light rushed first was because I was conscious of my laser. The image is important.

--A week later.

I am now able to generate line lights far away from me.

For example, I can generate twelve-line lights in a circular pattern around my back, like a clock face. Then, when I put my hands together, it would look like a Buddha statue with a halo.

This is a perfect way to produce a "prayer". The combo of the halo with the line light and the prayer has been created. It's a combination of skills. I'm really afraid of my talent. If I stood on the street, I'd look like a god and I'd probably get paid!

--Two weeks later

I was finally able to control the Line Light at will.

By generating line lights in the air, keeping them in place, and focusing on moving them forward, *Chuin* and the line lights move forward. Fufufu. I'm terrified of myself.

It is also possible to deploy many of these.

I can make them crowd together as if there is a wall in front of me, and generate line lights. I can change the spacing of the line lights as I like. They can be as dense as three centimeters apart or as scattered as three meters apart. The number of line lights can be up to 20 if I want to control all of them precisely. If I’m just going for it, I can have up to 100. If I just want to shoot them out, I can shoot out up to 1000 at once.

Furthermore, since my MP does not decrease, I can shoot out as many as I want. Isn't this invincible in a sense? No, there are probably some opponents that magic doesn't work on, so I shouldn’t let my guard down.

In fact, the light magic didn't work on me. I tried to fire it at myself, but it was reflected. As expected of a metal body.

Incidentally, I had been practicing with the power lowered to a very low level, so there was no change in the mountain. Destruction of nature is not what I want, you know!

Now, the control of the line light is perfect! Now that I've enjoyed the scenery, it's time to get off the mountain.

As I was thinking about this, I saw a group of people coming up the mountain. All of them have weapons in their hands. I guess they are adventurers. But there are also people in armor and cloaks in the back, so they might be knights. I can't believe they came up the mountain with such heavy equipment.

I don't think there were any demons that looked like demons on this mountain. I'm sure they didn't just come to climb the mountain. I wonder what this is about. Maybe it's a training exercise.

Well, whatever. I'll just leave it at that. It seems that to humans, I'm classified as a demon. I don't want them to be attracted to my sparkling body and start messing with me.

And so, having mastered the magic, I quietly descended the mountain without being seen by the humans.

A report from the 12th Order of the Vidic Kingdom.>

"Title: About the mysterious light near the summit of Mt. Aserish"

The light observed on the summit of Mt. Acerish is most likely the magic of a demon.

Since the beginning of the Dragon Moon, a mysterious light has been seen near the summit of Mount Acerish. It was a small light at first. It was confirmed that the light was shining day and night.

As the days went by, the number of lights increased, and the neighboring villages and towns voiced their concerns. Therefore, a group of knights and adventurers, led by the 12th Order from the city of Blarad, carried out an investigation of the mysterious lights.

When we reached the top of the mountain, we found a fist-sized hole in the tree known as the sacred tree of Mount Acerish. Not only that, but we confirmed that there were many holes as thick as our fingers in the sacred tree.

The area around the hole is slightly burnt, so there is a high possibility that some kind of magic was used. Details were unknown. No one in the survey team had ever seen magic that left marks like this before. Since it attacked the sacred tree without hesitation, there is a high possibility that it is not human.

In addition, there was a large sized hole about 1.5 meter in the vicinity. The wind wizard examined the hole and found that it continued to the other side of the mountain. The edges of the hole had traces that looked like they had been melted by heat, so it was possible that this was a higher-level magic than the one used on the sacred tree. Further investigation of the surroundings failed to reveal the source of the light, as there was no light generated.

If there is a demon that uses this kind of magic, it is highly likely that the knights and adventurers of the city of Brarat cannot handle it alone. We would like to increase the number of knights and for a detailed investigation to be conducted by the Royal Mage.

 

---

Name Golem

Race Metal Golem

Lv 13

status

Maximum HP: 578

Maximum MP: 551

Attack power: 255 (+0)

Defense: 255 (+0)

Quickness: 213

Brain: 209

Luck: 255

skill

[Fixed status]

[Restore]

Awakening

[Wicked play]

[Non-contact]

[Be stupid]

swimming

howling

[Interpretation]

[Prayer]

[Line light]

title

[Unchangeable thing]

[Enlightenment thing]

[Things that never give up]

[Lovely things]

[Further thing]

[Mermaid Tomodachi]

[Dog Tomodachi]

[Voice Tomodachi]

[Tomodachi of the dead]

---


Patreon (To get early access to the chapters)


Next

Previous

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments: