Leveling Murderer - Chapter 1

 Episode 1: Level Up

 

For the first time in my life, I was on the verge of death.

 

It all started with a trivial matter.

It didn't matter if I had been mauled or not in an alleyway downtown.

 

Normally, I would have just bowed my head and let it go, but that time it was a little different story.

 

My boss was unreasonably angry with me because of my subordinate who was only good at what he did, and the girl I had a crush on was watching, and I was so upset that I was made to get down on my knees in front of all the employees, even though it wasn't my fault at all.

 

So, I didn't flinch from the big guy, in fact, I went for it.

 

And as a result—

I was taken to a deserted park at night and beaten to a pulp.

There were two couples there, but when they saw me bleeding, they disappeared like a spider.

 

“Oi, look!”

“Gosh ......”

 

My bones might be broken from being hit so hard.

Even so, the man doesn't stop.

 

“Die, bitch!”

“agh.....”

 

I was in so much pain that I was already crying and apologizing over and over again.

But the man didn't stop.

 

“Fucking go to hell!”

“Help me....”

 

So I can say that what happened to this man afterwards was deserved.

 

As I was being beaten, my jaw dislocated and I could no longer scream, I struggled to hold back the pain in my body and ran away.

I ran as hard as I could with my ragged body and tottering legs.

 

But the man was persistent in his pursuit.

My legs got tangled and I fell to the ground.

 

“I'm gonna fucking kill you!”

“......!”

 

Just when I thought I was really going to be killed.

A stone the size of a softball appeared near my hand.

 

I grabbed it and threw it viciously at the man.

 

Gogh.

 

There was a dull thud and the man fell backwards heavily onto his back.

The man didn't even twitch.

 

“Di..Did I......?”

I thought I said, “Did I do that?” but I couldn't move my mouth well enough to pronounce it.

 

There is no guarantee that the man will not get up at any moment.

I tried to stand up with my trembling limbs...... at that very moment.

 

Tetete te te te ~ n!

A cheerful sound effect, quite unfitting for the current situation, echoed in my head.

 

“What the hell is ......?

What the hell was that noise?

Where did that come from?

 

Then, this time, a machine-like voice played.

{Onizuka Yamato gained one level for killing Shinichi Gotoda.}

 

“What ......?”

“Killed ......?”

 

{Maximum HP increased by 2, Maximum MP increased by 2, Strength increased by 1, Armor increased by 2, and Speed increased by 1}

 

I look around, but I can't see where the sound is coming from.

 

It was as if the voice was speaking directly to my brain, even though I covered my ears.

 

“Onizuka Yamato has learned the spell of Recovery.”

“What…..”

 

I don't know what's going on.

What is this voice I'm hearing?

It said I killed him. ......?

 

I wobbled to stand up and then looked down at the man.

The man looked like he was bleeding from the head, but it was too dark to tell.

 

...... I need to get out of here in any case.

I thought about it, but the mysterious voice that said “Yamato Onizuka killed Shinichi Godota” bothered me, so I walked up to the fallen man's face and crouched down.

 

I put my hand over the man's mouth and then on his neck.

 

“.......”

 

The man was not breathing and his pulse had stopped.

He was already dead.

 

I was frozen in front of the corpse of the man ...... but the sound of a siren coming from somewhere brought me back to my senses and I quickly left, dragging my battered body with me.

 

When I got home to my apartment, I fell onto the bed.

I want to go to the hospital, but it's only a matter of time before they find the man's body.

When that happens, of course, the police will be looking for the murderer thoroughly.

 

I thought it was self-defense, but there was no guarantee that it wouldn't be considered as excessive self-defense.

 

If that happened, I would go from being the victim to being the aggressor.

 

That's why I felt it was dangerous to go to the hospital.

 

After about ten minutes, my heartbeat calmed down and I managed to move my jaw back to its original position.

 

“A..gahh.........!”

 

It hurt like hell, but it was a relief.

Now I just hope my ribs aren't broken.

 

“Agh... That fucker. Hit me so hard...”

 

I went to the bathroom and took off my bloody Y-shirt and stripped naked.

In the mirror, I saw that my entire body was covered with reddish purple spots.

Looking at it, I realized once again that what had happened to me was real.

 

“Damn, that guy messed me up....... Shit.”

 

I didn't have the strength or energy left to take a bath, so I washed my bloody face and then collapsed back into bed naked.

Then I fell asleep as if I had died.


NEXT | INDEX

ga7axy: I will be trying to upload 3 chapters of this every day so if you want to show some support you can use these links below, thank you so much in advance!

Ko-fi

Donate With Paypal

Patreon 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. this seems interesting and also can you please put a next chapter button on the site layout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops im an idiot and didnt see the next button, but at least makes the colour different i guess

      Delete
    2. okay I will increase the size

      Delete