Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu> - Chapter 34 Going On The Highway

 Episode 34 Going on the highway

 

After parting ways with Roof and the others, I continued on my way to the city.

The road is not paved with asphalt like in modern Japan, so it is a bit dusty. There are a lot of ruts, probably from horse-drawn carriages passing through the same place many times.

Occasionally, a carriage passes by. I quietly move to the side of the road to give way. The spirit of giving and taking is what reduces traffic accidents. The carriage driver looks at me curiously, but passes on by. In this world, avoiding the side of the road like I did might be rare.

I continued on my way. Finally, I could see the city in the distance. The number of people is gradually increasing. It's nice, it's nice. Encounters with the unknown are always exciting. I wonder what a human city is like. Do they have baths?

People are lined up at the entrance of the city. They seem to be showing something to the soldiers at the gate, or handing over some money before entering the city. Could it be that they need money? I'm penniless at the moment, can I enter?

I quietly lined up next to the carriage that was parked at the back of the line. Getting into the city is also a challenge, isn't it? I had to wait a long time. I wish they would move more quickly. There were also quite a few people lined up behind me. When I looked behind me, the people in line behind me were also getting a little nervous. I can understand that feeling. I don't like to stand in such a line, do you? I nodded my head in agreement.

The carriage in front of me entered the city. Finally, it was my turn. It had been a long time. I stepped forward in front of the gatekeepers.

With a gesture, I asked,

"I'm sorry, but I don't have any money. What should I do?”

The gatekeepers froze at the sight of me.

I'm not sure if you can understand. It's so frustrating. My feelings are not being conveyed. I made a desperate appeal. I don't have any money, but I desperately gesture that I want to be let in.

Suddenly, one of the gatekeepers blew his whistle. I was a little frightened. What? What's going on?

 

"A demon! There's a demon out there!”

“Call for backup!”

“Get the nearest adventurer!”

 

At the sound of the whistle, the gatekeepers began to make noise. The people lined up behind me also began to panic. It's no use, this is the town I'll be staying in for a while. I'll get rid of that demon.

Where are you? Where is it? I looked around, but I couldn't see any demons. Rather, the gatekeepers and the soldiers who came out from inside the gate are surrounding me.

Could it be that the demon is me?

What? Is this the first time they've seen a golem? There's a possibility that it's the bloody golem that I was told to watch out for the other day.

What the hell is that?

Are you kidding me? I have such a lovely looking metal body. I can't believe they are seeing me as a demon. I can't believe it.

Damn it, what should I do?

More and more soldiers are coming out from inside, gathering around me and pointing their weapons at me. If they pull the trigger, I'll be in trouble.

 

Oh, the arrows are flying. and that wizard-like old man is shooting fireballs at me.

The arrows and fireballs both hit me directly. But that level of attack won't hurt my body! Even if my body is not hurt, my heart is a little bit hurt.

I have no choice, but to retreat. I will not make a mistake in withdrawing. If I make a mistake here it could cost me my life, if I'm not careful. I've been in pain a few times myself. That was really tough.... I left the place.

It was a shocking fact. Reality is always cruel. It seems that I, or rather the golem, are considered a demon by the humans. What a mess. I've never been treated as a demon before. I don't think I have. Even if I had, it wouldn't be a big problem. I've been scared before, but it was because of my power, not because of my appearance. In fact, this sparkling body was incredibly popular with the dragons.

That's why I was a little depressed.

{Log: Depression has been resolved by the effect of [Enlightenment]}

I decided to get off the road and head towards the grasslands. I'll go to that mountain in the distance. I've never climbed a mountain even when I was human, but I'm a little late to the party and it's a different world, but I think I'll take advantage of that craze. Maybe there will be a hot spring.

I proceeded through the grasslands toward the mountains. I was expecting to see a rabbit or a mouse, but nothing appeared. It seems that I'm on my way to become a loner.

The ground is shaking a little. Maybe it's an earthquake. But I've lived in Japan, the land of earthquakes, and this kind of vibration is just like a gentle breeze to me. If you want to make me feel uneasy, you'll have to have a seismic intensity of 4 or higher.

Hmm, the ground rises up a little, and it's coming towards me. That wasn't an earthquake earlier, but this thing. That's quite a trick you've played on me!

With a bang, a large worm appeared!

What the hell is this disgusting creature?

I tapped it carefully and gently as it came at me. The worm seemed to be soft, if I had hit it too hard I would have obliterated it, that would have been quite messy.

With a groan, the big worm dived into the ground and ran away.

Hmmm, as expected. Maybe I can get the title of Meister. With a weed like catnip in hand, I made my way through the meadow. I wondered if this was the power of the weed, but sometimes three or so goblins would attack me. Whenever they came at me, I would slap them away.

I went straight ahead, shaking the catnip. Oh, this is like a human path. If the humans find us, we might get into trouble. I decided to avoid this path. Just as I was about to cross the path into the grass, I heard the scream of a girl and the cry of a woman trying to run away.

My Golem Ears cannot fail to hear the cry for help from the weak!

 

{Log: I don't have the Golem Ear skill}

 

Thinking that I got startled, I ran towards the direction where I heard the scream. When I went in the direction of the screams, I saw six goblins surrounding a woman, a boy and a girl. I wondered if the humans were parent and children. The woman desperately swung her handbag around to keep the goblins away from her. The goblins surrounding her seem to be having a great deal of fun as they circle around the human family, playing with them. The sight of goblins tormenting the weak was getting on my nerves. In this situation, I may as well help these human family.

The most unforgivable thing is that some of the goblins have rusty swords and rusty spears. And the other goblins all have wooden sticks. How dare they cheekily use such fine weapons!

I looked at the catnip in my hand. I thought to myself, "What the hell? It's not that I thought I was going losing to the goblins with my weapon. No, absolutely not. I'm good enough with my bare hands! I only let go of it because it was in the way of helping them!

{Log: Due to the effects of the [Enlightened One], my state of excitement has subsided.}

I walk up to one of the goblins and give it a quick tap. The goblin becomes dizzy. The goblins, startled, gathered in one place and raised their weapons at me, giggling.

“What is he?” *mutter mutter mutter*

The goblins are saying a lot of things, but I ignore them. While protecting the stunned family, I started hitting the goblins. After hitting three more goblins, they ran away.

Looking back, the parents and children are stunned. From their point of view, I am a monster like those goblins. I tried to leave the place thinking that.

Then a boy and a girl came around in front of me, their eyes are sparkling.

What do they want?

The boy and girl took my hand without fear and thanked me in a loud voice.

 

?!

Oh, Ohh!!

 

{Log: Due to the effects of [Enlightenment], the state of agitation has been resolved}

 


Next

Previous

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments: