Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu> - Chapter 37 The Ghost's Identity

 Episode 37 - The Ghost's Identity

I am a golem.

It's not uncommon for the reaction you expect from someone to be different from the reaction they actually have. When I gave Sebastian a thumbs-up, I had a faint hope that he would give me a thumbs-up back with a smile.

I had thought that even if he didn't give me a thumbs up, he would at least smile and nod, but I didn't expect him to be there. In the beginning, I could feel his eyes on me. He could have waited for me for an hour or so. I shook my head as if to sigh, and walked towards the mansion again.

{Log: Disappointment has been resolved due to the effects of [Enlightened one]}

But I wonder why it was fixed. The doorknob, the gate... Do I actually have that kind of power?

Could it be the effect of the skill [Restore]? If that's the case, I'm pretty amazing, aren't I? It may take some time, but I can repair doorknobs and doors. If you're looking for a way to fix up a slightly damaged house, please let me know, and I'm sure you can make a fortune. But I don't have any money to spend, so I'll stop. I don't have the communicative power to interact with customers.

Now, let's get ourselves together and enter the house. I stood in front of the door and turned the doorknob with a click. I wondered what I would do if the door was locked, but it was not. I said in my mind, "I'm sorry to disturb you," and walked into the house.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

Oh, the ghosts started attacking again. It hadn't happened before. Then I saw Sebastian in front of me. He was standing on his knees with his hands on his hips.

The Kaiser's beard made Sebastian look very intimidating. It was as if Sebastian's body was overflowing with an invisible fighting spirit.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

To humans, golems are a type of demon, so it is understandable that they are wary of them. It would be no use for me to force my way in at this point. With my strength, it would be possible to push my way through. But I will not do that. My noble soul will not allow such a thing!

{Log: Excitement has subsided due to the effects of the [Enlightened One]}

Let's give up for now. With that in mind, I walked out of the mansion and closed the door softly. I walked straight to the garden and glanced towards the mansion to see Sebastian looking at me from the first floor window. He must have noticed that I was looking back at him, because he waved his hand at me. You've got pretty good eyes, Sebastian.

I'd like you to show some consideration by offering me a cup of tea since I've fixed the door and the gate. I can't drink, so I'll decline.

I sluggishly left the mansion.

--That night...

If the front door doesn't work, there's always the back door. If you can't push it, try pulling it. I won't give up so easily!

When I first circled the house, I made sure that there was a kitchen door. No problem. I'm on top of my game. The moon is out today, so it's not a good day for covert action. It's also daytime, so if I were to sneak in today, Sebastian may suspect me. No, he will be convinced that it is me.

You need to wait for the right time to get things done. There is no hurry. I made sure that there was no light at all in the house, and then I disappeared into the forest.

Now is the time to wait so that I can get my brushes.

--Three nights later.

I was a person who had a reputation for being patient. This has not changed even now that I have become a golem. Finally, the night of the new moon came when the moon was not visible.

I've been observing this mansion for three days, but there are no lights on at night and no people coming or going. I wondered how Sebastian was living there. It takes a lot of courage to live alone in a mansion with ghosts, that bearded butler.

I sneak towards the kitchen door. I quietly jumped over the wall of the house. I peek in through the window near the kitchen door. Hmm, he's not here. I put my hand on the kitchen door and gently pulled it open without a sound.

Hmmm... this mansion has become so straightforward. Perhaps this house feels indebted to me for fixing the door and gate. Well, then, let's go! I entered the house through the kitchen door.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

The moment I stepped into the room, I was met with this. I knew you'd come, Ghost. Your attacks won't work on me. So I'll let you live until the search is complete. With that in mind, I turned around and saw Sebastian with his arms crossed.

Oh, geez.

I raised my right hand and waved it slowly, hoping that he would understand that I was saying, "Hello, it's been a while”. Sebastian glances at me with a half-lidded stare, brushing his magnificent beard.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

It's like my fault. I have nothing to be ashamed of. All I'm doing is disposing of unused tools on my behalf. Good intentions. This is a good intention! My feelings are not conveyed.

Sebastian waved his hand at me, just as he had done before. If I back down now, it will be the same as last time. What do I do? What should I do?!

I look back at all that I've done. Pinky, Ichiro, Jiro. Lend me your strength!

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

!!!

I remembered. What was going on with me, Ichiro and Jirou? We were high-fiving, hand in hand. It made me happy, and it made Ichirou and Jirou happy too. Their tails were wagging all over the place! Even Roof was smiling as he watched them.

That's right! Hand to hand, even if you can't communicate with words, you can communicate with feelings!

A smile is the magic that binds us all together! I'm sure me and Sebastian can do it too!

I'm sure he will understand what I'm thinking.

With the passionate desire of "Give me the brush!", I reach for Sebastian's steadfast hands.

Hi, Touch!!

Our hands don't touch each other, and I'm tripping forward. Why is it that aren’t our hands supposed to touch each other?

{Log: Excitement has subsided due to the effects of the [Enlightened One]}

Oh, I'm overlapping with Sebastian right now. I'm overlapping with Sebastian, as if I'm in a 3D game and there's no hit detection.

What? No way. Sebastian. You, you're a ghost!

Sebastian even has legs, and I can see him clearly. Oh, but he has no shadow! Ghosts can't cast shadows, after all!

{Log: Excitement has subsided due to the effects of the [Enlightened One]}

Relax, it's a new moon today and it's pitch black all around, so it's no wonder there are no shadows.

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

 

Ignoring my astonishment, the ghost, or rather Sebastian, attacked me as if to confirm my assumption. It is indeed Sebastian who has deceived me so brilliantly. Now that he has revealed himself, I have no choice but to attack him. I wave my hand lightly at Sebastian.

Boom!

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

Oh? One more time, just in case. Sebastian does not show any signs of avoiding my attack. He fires back at me as if to match my attack.

Boom!

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

Okay, one last try.

BOOM!

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

{Log: Golem took 0 damage from Ghost}

As I thought, Sebastian did not show any signs of avoiding my attack. Just as he did before, he fights back to match my attack. It's no good. My attacks are not getting through. I can't even use magic, so what should I do?

It is only when one is cornered that one's true value is revealed. I had a flash of inspiration.

I stepped away from Sebastian and clasped my hands together.

This is the Japanese version of the Nembutsu!

"Noumaksan Mandala ..." not good, I don't know the continuation.

I don't have it memorized, so I can't. I didn't know that the issue of Japan's nuclear family would come up here. I don't go to funerals very often. It's a last resort. God, Buddha, and ancestors. Please help me! I thought desperately.

Sebastian, suddenly motionless with his hands in the air, looks at me warily. It seems that neither my prayers nor my prayers have any effect on Sebastian.

--Five minutes later

I cross my arms, Sebastian puts his hands on his hips, and we face each other.

Sebastian seems to have finally given up, and has stopped attacking me. My attacks do no damage to Sebastian. Sebastian's attacks are not doing any damage to me either. So we were both out of options.

I use my body language to tell him that I need a brush. Unfortunately, Sebastian doesn't seem to be getting the message at all. I don't know what to do.

I look around the room. It's all a bit dusty. Even though Sebastian, the butler, is here. Isn't he able to clean up? Or maybe it's because he's a ghost, so he can't clean. I walk over to a nearby wooden desk.

Sebastian looks at me curiously, wondering what I'm going to do.

Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything rash. I gently trace the top of the desk with the index finger of my right hand. After my finger traces the surface, the dust is removed and the desk is clean. Phew. I knew it.

I stare alternately at the dust on my right index finger and at Sebastian. Sebastian looks really uncomfortable.

--The next morning.

To get what I want, I must first get what they want. Sebastian, I'm going to show you what you can't do. You can see in my eyes the difference between you and me!

I'm standing in front of the garden of the house, which is covered with grass. Sebastian is also looking at me from inside the door of the house. It seems that Sebastian is some kind of earthbound spirit, unable to go out the door of the mansion.

What can I say, I'm a forced recluse. I wonder how many bad things he has done in his life that he has to stay in this world without internet, TV and games. He has the appearance of a capable butler, but maybe he was bullying his maid.

I look at Sebastian, thinking about this. Sebastian also looks at me. I feel as if our eyes have met. From now on, every time I see Sebastian, I'm going to give him a pitying look. I nodded to myself to forget about the maid. Everyone has a past they don't want touched.

I land in a garden covered with weeds, and Sebastian is watching me.

Now, behold, this is weeding.

Buchi, buchi, buchi, buchi, buchi, buchi, buchi, buchi. I plucked the weeds without a break. I wondered how much of it hadn't been taken care of. There was an enormous amount of grass.

After all, the gates and doorknobs that were broken the other day must have been because they hadn't been maintained. If you don't maintain them, they'll go bad soon. Thanks to my visit, we were able to fix them, so I guess Sebastian was overflowing with joy inside, even though he looked so uncomfortable.

While thinking about this, I plucked at the weeds with a buchi, buchi, buchi. My mind may be thinking of other things, but my body is still moving. This is the basis of working.

I plucked at the grass endlessly. Buchi, buchi, buchi as I pluck the grass. The fact that I'm making them buzz and buzz doesn't mean that I'm plucking wildly. I'm plucking the grass with a light rhythm, but with great care.

I pinch the roots of each blade of grass and pull them up vertically. It's a simple, yet persistent task, and I continue to do it silently, alone. I pluck the weeds with a buchi, buchi, buchi.

The garden of this house is huge. It's really big. It's so big that I wonder how many studio apartments I used to live in when I was a human could be built here. I plucked at the weeds with a light touch.

I have a long way to go on this grass-pulling road. But there is always an end to this work. Just as there is no rain that never stops, there is no end to the weeding. With a firm hand, I plucked the weeds with a buchi, buchi, buchi.

I am the one who never gives up!

I keep plucking the weeds with my hands.



Next

Previous

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment