Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 43

Episode 43 Exploring the Royal Capital

I am a golem.

After six days of walking, I arrived at the royal capital.


This country is called the Kingdom of Vidy. I thought it was a kingdom because it was a fantasy, but it seems that there are empires and republics in this world. I'm really glad that this country is the royal capital. If it had been the imperial capital, I would have been a little embarrassed.


In the royal capital, there were dwarven blacksmiths, elven toolmakers, beastman slavers, and many other stores. A beastman slave shop selling beastman slaves? I wonder why. This is a country where humans are in charge, but it seems that not all non-humans are slaves. As expected of the royal capital, there are a lot of humans, though.


Since arriving in the capital, I've been moving around on the roofs of buildings, trying not to touch anyone. Even the walls of the buildings are easy to climb as long as there is a small opening. Those two weeks of rock climbing were not a waste of time.


I also snuck into the royal castle. However, I didn't do it during the day, but at night.


There was a bit of resistance when I climbed over the walls surrounding the royal castle, but perhaps my【Non-Contact】skill was activated, so I was able to enter easily. Fufu, in front of me, even the defenses of the royal castle are no big deal.


Was it wrong for me to be so carefree?


I am surrounded on the roof of the royal castle. They are dressed all in black and look suspicious. Only one of them looks like a wizard in a robe. I can't tell if he's a man or a woman, an old man or a young man because he's wearing the robe so deeply.


But why is this happening? My 【Hidden】 skill is still in effect.


I wonder if the hearts of those who dressed like this are clean. No, wait. On the contrary, those who dress in black may be teen boys with a child's heart. It would be too embarrassing for a mature adult to be dressed in all black. It makes sense when you think about it. It is also possible for me to think what I would look like to others.


Well, there was nothing I could do if I was found out. As I was thinking about what to do, the black-clad people attacked me. They were relentless in their attacks. Although I was unharmed by their attacks, they seemed to be planning to kill me.


What should I do, just let them hit me?!


No, the time to show the results of my training is now!


I quickly evade. I gorgeously dodged the approaching blade. It's cool to see the way I can dodge them so fluidly. And I mustn't forget. I'm going to start activating my line-light!


A trail of light shone as if it were sewing through the black-clad people. That is the mark of my movement. Finally, I jumped and dodged the wind blade released by the wizard. By doing so, a vertical trail of light was drawn.


The black-clad ones and the wizard were taken aback.


Fufufu. Yeah, that's right. I'm sure you are all fascinated by the use of the line light I've developed! It was worth all the effort I put into it!


Leaving the others dumbfounded, I released the line light from my entire body. It's just a bright line light with no offensive power. Suddenly, I glow brightly. As soon as I glowed, I hid myself in the darkness. In this way, I had successfully defeated the black-clad attackers and got away.


I'm standing on top of a building away from the castle. Ha, I failed to sneak in. They're probably a bit wary of me, so I might as well let them have some peace of mind.


There was a slum at the edge of the royal capital.


I thought there were a lot of people dressed in dirty clothes, but it was a slum. I didn't care about the adults, but there were a lot of children in the slums as well. From the top of the building, I could see the children living in the slum, begging, stealing, and struggling to survive every day. I'm a golem, so there's nothing I can do about it. I wish I had not looked.


Just as I was watching these slum children, a child hunt took place. A group of suspicious looking adults appeared and took the children away, stuffing them all into bags. No one would care if the number of children in the slum was dwindling, so maybe these adults were taking children away on a regular basis. Some of the children managed to escape, but many more were caught.


I followed the children as they were taken away.


I arrived at a rather large mansion. The adults who had taken the children were entering through the back door. It looks like a place where someone of high status would live. I took advantage of the fact that the adults couldn't see me, and almost walked into the house with them.


The mansion had a basement, and it was huge. The children who were taken away were crammed into a sort of prison. I was surprised to see that there were many young women there as well as children. Many of the women were dressed like adventurers. They might be kidnapping adventurers from the streets, not those living in the capital.


The children were whimpering and crying. The women were tied hand and foot and were sitting on the ground, unable to move. Damn, I hate the tears of children and women. After the suspicious adults left the basement, I released my [Hidden] skill.


The children and women trapped in the cell were surprised by my sudden appearance. I paid no attention to them and approached the prison. I pried the door open with all my might. I gestured for them to come out, and they did so with hesitation. I told them with gestures to wait there.


I approached the women in the cell and tore off the ropes that bound their hands and feet. They were a little frightened when I approached. It was so lonely. I realized that it was still a problem that I could not communicate with them because I could not speak.


I waved to them to follow me and started to lead the way. The children followed me with a sense of fear and hesitance. I thought the women would follow behind, but they didn't. It seems that they are not sure whether they should follow me or not.


I gestured to them to come again, and decided to move on. If they don't want to follow me, they don't have to follow me. As long as I could get the children who were following me out of the house, that was all that matters.


I continued onward with the children in tow. After quite a while, I looked back and saw that the women were also following the children. Well, that's all right.


I left the basement and proceeded to the back entrance of the house. There was a man dressed like an aristocrat, skinny as a bone, and the suspicious men who had just followed him. They saw us threatened the children and women to return to the basement if they wanted to live. They don't seem to care about me.


I stepped forward. And activated the line lights around me and shot them at everyone who was blocking the way. I had no intention of taking their lives, so I struck them in the legs and arms one by one, putting them out of action.


Behind me, the children were excited to witness the spectacle!


Fufufu, praise me more! While I'm immersed in the afterglow, the skinny nobleman whose leg was struck out is still grumbling.


"Don’t think you can get away with something like this!"


Even if I show them the difference in strength, they still can't understand.


It can't be helped. I'll show you the difference in power so that you can understand.


I pointed my open hand towards the sky above the large garden in front of the mansion. Then, I triggered three large line-lights at once. Thanks to the magic I had put into it, the darkness of the night became as bright as day. Then, I swung my hand down.


Chu, Chu, Chu -- Dong!! and a huge hole opened up in the ground.


The skinny nobleman was speechless at the sight of this. The suspicious men also forgot about the pain and stood there blankly. The women behind me also froze with their eyes wide open. Only the children were shocked. "What the hell!" "Wow!" "That's unreal!" They shouted with delight.


Fufufu, Yes, yes indeed. My magic is amazing! Line-light is a rare magic, so you won't get a chance to see it very often. Make sure you get a good look at it!


I was surrounded by children, who cheered me on and praised me. I held up my hands and said, "Relax, it's not a big deal." The children began to shout, "We want to see it again!


I wondered if this was an encore?! Have I finally reached the point where I'm being asked for an encore?!


That's good! If that's how badly you want to see it, then I must respond! I'm sure you can see it in my eyes!


In response to the children's encore, I raised my hands to the sky. I put more magic power into it than before, and generated about 20 Line-lights. The reason why I raised my hands to the sky was because I wanted to generate the line lights high in the sky so that they could be seen clearly.


The entire capital was illuminated as if it were daytime.


I nodded toward the children with the intention of it going down. The children gulped and nodded. I put my hands up in the air. The line lights came from the heavens, drawing trails of light, and one by one, with a slight time lag, they poured down into the garden of the mansion.


Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!! Chu-dong!!!!


The children were so excited by the sight! They screamed with joy and went wild!


Fuhahahahaha, look! this is my Line-light! Let it be engraved in your eyes and in your heart!


{Log: The effect of the [Enlightened One] has calmed down the excitement}


That's not good, there's a pretty deep hole in the garden of the mansion, and it made a pretty loud noise. Isn't this a flag that people will gather here? As I was thinking about this, I heard a clattering sound from the street, like armor clashing.


I may have gotten a little carried away. I nodded to the children surrounding me, and left the place. I was generating line lights from my back, so you could see the trails of light behind me.


I could hear the cool voices in my ears!


A flash of light sparkling in the darkness of the night. That's what I am, a sparkling, glittering golem!


I'll leave the rest to you guys so hurry up and run away.



Note- I have started posting regularly on Patreon


Support the translation Donate With Paypal


Next

Previous

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment: