Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 62

 Episode 62 - Anti-Adventurer

 

I am a golem.

 

I was thinking of going to the advanced dungeon again today when I saw five guild employees, including Camome, waiting for me outside the inn. Come to think of it, I was called to the guild yesterday. I forgot about it. I meekly went to the guild with the guild staff who said, “Please come.”

 

At the guild, I was immediately sent to the old man's room.

 

This old man looks like he has lost a lot of weight. I wonder how many gray hairs he has. It seems that the head of an organization has to go through a lot of hardships. I lightly tapped the old man on the shoulder, asking if he was okay. He sighed heavily as we took our seats and said, “Golem, there's someone who wants to meet you.”

 

“I would like to register you as an adventurer.”

 

Wh-What the?! What's going on here?

 

“You’re out of the norm in many ways, so I want to keep track of how powerful you are. And if you have a dungeon card, it will record which level of the labyrinth you have dived to.”

 

Hmm, I have no objection to that. I would like to be registered as an adventurer as well. The adventurer's dungeon card is engraved with a star. It's like you start out as a beginner with no stars, and then you get more stars as you gain more achievements. I've heard that 3-star adventurers are the best, and that there are only a few 7-star adventurers in the world.

 

Fufufu. When I become an adventurer, I'll climb to the seventh star as fast as I can.

 

“Five adventurers from the Adventurer's Guild headquarters have come to determine whether or not we can make a special exception and accept you as an adventurer.”

 

I nodded in agreement.

 

“One of them is a seven-star adventurer, and the rest are six-star adventurers. The one with seven stars is the guildmaster of the headquarters, and the rest are his apprentices. Although I don't think the guildmaster of the headquarters should be coming to this place.”

 

So, the best of the adventurers have come for me. I'm pretty happy about that. It's a little special treatment.

 

“Well, I think we'll just take a look at you and be done with it. You have already dived enough dungeons to have a good track record. I've asked them not to do any kind of weird screening or testing.”

 

I see, this old man is acknowledging my daily efforts. In order to live up to the old man's expectations, I'll do my best to capture more dungeons! I clenched my fists and told the old man that I would do my best.

“No, you don't have to be so motivated. Really. Then I'll go get the guys from headquarters.”

 

I sat down and waited for a while, wondering what kind of 7-star and 6-star adventurers they were. I'm a little excited.

 

 

The old man returned to the room with five adventurers in tow. Before I had time to greet them, the young adventurers began to say what they thought when they saw me.

 

“Wow, it's really a golem. It's so tiny.”

“Is this golem really that strong? It doesn't look like much.”

“We didn't have to come all this way, did we?”

“It seems that Gamongu-san's perception has declined considerably.”

 

Hmm... What a horrible thing to say. I guess I can't blame them, they are judging me by my appearance. I was expecting more cool adventurers, so I'm a little disappointed. I dropped my shoulders a little. The one who got impatient was the old man.

 

“I-Idiot! What the hell are you talking about? Are you guys trying to pick a fight now?!”

“Yeah, you guys think you're so strong, you look down on everyone around you too much. One of these days you will get hurt.”

 

I guess the stern looking old man who spoke after the old man is the guildmaster of the headquarters.

 

“But, Master. We can't allow a demon that doesn't even have a tamer to register as an adventurer.”

“Yeah, it's bad for the dignity of adventurers.”

“Wouldn't it be better if we just killed this demon?”

“It's a metal golem, so it might be able to cover our travel expenses.”

 

Oh, that's a lot of nasty comments. I've been blending in with the city lately, It's been a long time since I've gotten this kind of reaction. It's a little refreshing, after all, there are people like this, aren't there? It can't be helped because there are people of all kinds of personalities.

 

“Hey, come on, you guys!”

“I brought you guys here because you said you'd sit back and watch!”

 

The old men got angry and scolded the young adventurers.

 

“I tried to keep quiet at first, but once I saw the real thing, I just couldn't do it. I can't accept a demon as an adventurer.”

“Yes, I can't accept it either. I don't care what my master says.”

 

The other two nodded their heads in agreement. So, four of the five people making the decision are saying no. I guess it's not gonna happen. It's a shame, but it can't be helped. I raised my hand to the old man and was about to leave the room. The old man rushed to stop me, saying, “Wait a minute.”

 

“Hey, that golem's got terrific taste. I don't know how he can use that weird pouch without feeling embarrassed.”

“Maybe the demon's aesthetic sense thinks it's cool.”

 

I'm a bit annoyed that you are so blunt about your thoughts... I glare at the adventurers.

 

“Hey, hey are you going to do it? We don't mind.”

“Rather, it would be a blessing in disguise.”

“Well, with this golem gone, there will be no more problems.”

“That would be the best way to settle this situation.”

 

Unable to keep quiet, Jispo pokes his head out of the pouch and munches, baring his teeth and grumbling at the four adventurers.

 

“Chuchuchuchuchu!”

(As long as the boss doesn't say anything, you can have your way!)

 

“Oh, Softysmouse! It's specialty creature in the dungeon’s around here. I was just thinking of hunting it down and then go home.”

 

At the same time, the woman threw a knife at Jispo and he couldn't seem to react. I flicked the knife with a snap. Finally, he was able to react and dove into the pouch.

 

The woman looked a little frustrated that I had played with her knife, and she muttered, “It's a golem, so it's indeed hard.” I turned to the old man and asked him with a gesture what to do with them.

 

“I, I'm sorry! Golem, I didn't call them here with this intention!”

“Anise! What the hell are you doing!?”

 

The old guys are upset, but these guys seem to be ready to go. I'm a little pissed off that my fellow adventurers are messing with me, because they were definitely trying to kill Jispo. If you want to fight so badly, I'll fight you.

 

I gestured to the four adventurers, indicating that they should follow me. Perhaps they understood my intention, and followed me.

 

“W-Wait! Golem! I'm so sorry!”, The old man shouts, but it's a mutual decision so, there is no problem. I ignored the old man and moved to the grasslands a little far from the labyrinth city.

 

 

Me and four adventurers facing each other in a grassland. As we walked through the city, people who heard the commotion followed us. That's why there is quite a large crowd. I spotted Camome in the gallery, so I left Jispo with her. They seemed to be getting along well, so I guess it should be okay.

 

“Golem-san! Goodluck!”

“Golem-san! Beat them to death!”

“Golem-chan! Fight!”

 

Most of the crowd were cheering me on! I'm a little touched to see that I've been accepted in this city. My slightly irritated mind begins to calm down. However, the voices of the adventurers facing me start to bother me again.

 

“You're quite popular. But you are going to die here. Ah, if you want to run away, I won't stop you, so feel free to do so.”

 

What is he talking about, this guy? Why do I need to run away from someone so vulnerable?

 

 

Gamongus and Kaeth, the guild master at the headquarters, converse as they look at the golem and four adventurers facing each other. Gamongus has a pained look on his face. Kaeth is worried about his growing disciples.

 

“Gamongus, have you appraised that golem yet?”

 

“No, not yet. I want to appraise it with the appraisal stone when I register him as an adventurer. I don't want to antagonize that golem as much as possible, even though the idiots you've brought with you may end up being the reason for this city’s destruction today.”

 

“No, I don't think so. Those idiots are good at what they do. That's why they are growing and getting into trouble all the time. I'm sorry if that golem is killed.”

 

“No, you're underestimating that golem. Didn't you see my report?”

 

“Yes, I have. But when it comes to the Labyrinth of Despair, it's only his own report, isn't it?”

 

“Damn, I should've gone ahead and made him the adventurer myself. The golem is on good terms with the city people, so hopefully the golem will only kill the four of them.”

 

“Is he really that terrifying? That golem doesn't give off the aura of a strong one.”

 

“Looks can be deceiving, you know. It's like a small fish can't tell the size of the ocean.

 

“Really? Well, if you're so sure, I'd like to witness it myself.”

 

“Why aren't you running away? Fine, I'll start then.”

 

A man comes at me with great speed and swings his sword at me. I flick the sword away with a snap. The man was surprised, and I wondered if he was planning to defeat me with that kind of thing.

 

I make a sighing gesture and indicate to the adventurers that they should all come at me simultaneously. The four adventurers get angry, saying, “Don't be ridiculous!”

 

The man with the wand and glasses starts chanting. The woman begins to run around me, wrapping a steel string around me. I wonder if she thinks she can block my movement with that. The remaining two men slash at me in unison.

 

I simply took all of their attacks without defending myself. The adventurers, probably thinking that there was nothing I could do, said, “He’s pretty solid.” and, “But he doesn’t seem to be able to do anything about it, so let's keep attacking.”

 

{Log: Golem has been appraised}

 

Hmm, someone appraised me. Who is it?

 

I looked around and saw a surprised Guild Master from headquarters.

 

Oh, you want to fight me too? I focused my gaze on the Guild Master. The Guildmaster of the headquarters falls on his back and backs away. If you want to fight, I'll deal with you later, just wait there.

 

The woman and two men attacked me endlessly. I wonder if these guys are really 6-star or 7-star adventurers. Do they not suspect that I have not been hurt at all?

 

“Get away from him!” the man with the glasses shouts, and the three adventurers distance themselves from me. The man with the glasses then shouts, “Meteor Strike!” and a huge ball of fire falls from the sky toward me. It's easy enough to knock it out with one of my line lights, but I don't need to. At this distance, there is no danger to the crowd, so I take the direct hit of the fireball without defending myself.

 

Boom! With a loud noise, a large pillar of fire rose up around me.

 

 

Gamongus thought about calling out to Kaeth, who had fallen on his back, but he couldn't take his eyes off the scene in front of him. These are indeed six-star adventurers. They must be talented and have worked hard to achieve it. It was easy to predict that this was why they had come this far without losing a battle. The people around them gulped and watched with bated breath.

 

“Wow, this is how the top class adventurers fight?”

 

“That's one hell of an attack.”

“Golem-san hasn't moved an inch, is he okay?”

“Golem-san will be fine.”

“Oh, it's not that he's stuck, he just hasn't moved.”

“This time the golem might be a little angry, so it's the other guys we have to worry about.”

“You're right.”

 

While listening to the adventurers around him, Gamongus looked at Kaeth, who had finally gotten up. He seemed to be shaking a little. Thinking that this is unusual for this man, he calls out to Kaeth.

 

“What's the result of your appraisal?”

 

“I'm sorry. You were right this time. We shouldn't have messed with that golem. It was definitely our fault.”

 

“It's unusual for you to be so quick to admit fault.”

 

“You say that lightly because you haven't appraised the golem. If you knew the power of that golem, you wouldn't be able to deal with it like you do now.”

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Yeah, if we’re careful, the world could fall.”

“Really?

 

“You only have to look at what's about to happen in front of us to understand some part of his power. I'll help you get that golem registered as an adventurer.”

 

“Well, I'd appreciate it if you'd help me. Do you mind if I give him a five-star card out of the box?”

 

“No, I don't think that's a good idea.”

 

“Okay, well, five stars is a bit much, so let's say three.”

 

“No, the other way around. Give him the black card.”

 

“What? No one's ever given out black cards before, right? That's...”

 

“Don't bother. The black card, I'll arrange the card. I handle the rest and all the feedback.”

 

“Well, that's fine by me.”

 

With a loud boom, a huge pillar of fire erupted in the grassland. The golem seemed to have taken a direct hit, but from the look on Kaeth's face, it was probably the adventurers who were in trouble.

 

 

The flames subside and my view gradually opens. The man with glasses, who was so proud and says, “Did I overdo it?” Dropped the cane he had in his hand, he is stunned, muttering, “Lie, it’s a lie.”  The other three seemed to have finally felt threatened by me being unfazed.

 

In this case, the Skinhead, who was carefully exploring the labyrinth, would be better as an adventurer.

 

It's my turn now, I thought, as I created countless line lights around me, each about the size of a ballpoint pen. The adventurers were startled by the sight and tried to distance themselves from me. It doesn't matter to me whether they close the distance or move away from me.

 

I fire my line light at the adventurers all at once. The light goes off with a Chuin, Chuin, Chuin, and destroys all the weapons in the hands of the adventurers and the wands on the ground. Not a scratch on the adventurers. There's no need to hurt these people. The dumbfounded adventurers in front of me are further shown the overwhelming difference in power. It would be troublesome if this happened again and again.

 

I raise one hand upward and generate four huge line lights. I swing my arm down toward the horrified adventurers.

 

Chudon! With a thud, a huge, bottomless hole opened up in front of each of the adventurers. I look at the frozen adventurers. They seem to be trembling. I take a step toward them, and they scream and crouch down on the spot. Seeing this, I turned and headed back to the city, having lost interest.

 

I regretted that I had been a bit immature, but when someone messes with your pet, master can't let it slide. It couldn't be helped.

 

Oh, I left the Jispo with Camome.


Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment