Leveling Murderer - Chapter 47

 Episode 47: Back Site

 

The next day, Akari Tobishima missed school and her part-time job for four days in a row.

 

I've been watching her from the comfort of my room with my clairvoyant eyes.

 

After watching her for a few days, I had a suspicion.

I thought that Akari Tobishima had never been a bully.

 

So, I decided to contact Eiichi Kasakura, the client.

 

  

 

The meeting place was the same coffee shop I used to meet Kumiko Sasaki.

I walked into the coffee shop with my mask on.

Then I caught sight of a man with a distinctly gloomy mood.

 

“Are you Eiichi Kasakura?”

I walked up to the man and called out to him.

 

“Y, Yes, I am.......”

A faint, almost muffled voice replied.

I ordered a hot cup of coffee from the clerk and took a seat in front of him.

 

“S, so ... what kind of business do you have? N, no way, you can't accept my request or...?”

“No, not at all, sir. More importantly, did you bring me what I asked for?”

“Y, yes, ......, this is it.”

What Sasakura-san gave me on the table was a pink smartphone.

 

“This is the phone on which Yukiko's suicide note was left, isn't it?”

“Y, yes.......”

I had asked him to bring me Yukiko Kasakura's phone because I was really curious if the perpetrator of the bullying was really Akari Tobishima.

 

“Please excuse me.”

I picked up the phone and looked at it.

There was definitely a suicide note on the screen.

 

“Excuse me, what is this back site written here?”

“Oh, well, it's a ...... back-to-school site, an anonymous bulletin board on the Internet. It seems that other students were entertained by the bad things that were written by Akari Tobishima on there.......”

“I see.”

 

En?

 

“That's anonymous, isn't it? How did Yukiko-san know that the person who was writing the bad comments was Akari Tobishima?”

“Well, that's ...... I'm sorry. I don't know.”

“I see.”

“Oh, um, ...... maybe Onizuka-san thinks it wasn't ...... Akari Tobishima who was writing the bad things?”

Kasakura-san turns to me, cheeks scrunched up and looking like a mummy.

 

“Well, to tell you the truth, yes.”

“No, it can't be!”

Kasakura-san suddenly slammed the table and raised his voice.

The waitress looked at us to see what was going on.

 

“T, that, it can't be ......, it can't be .......”

 

Then the waitress brought me the hot coffee I ordered on a tray.

 

“Thank you for waiting. Here is your hot coffee.”

“Oh, I'm sorry, I made such a racket.”

I apologized.

“No, it's okay. There are no other customers at the moment.”

She smiled back at me.

 

After the waitress left, “I'm sorry......” Sasakura-san said, bowing slowly to me.

Then continued.

 

“I, I've been resenting Akari Tobishima for a long time. I hate her so much that I want to kill her ... but now suddenly you said she is not the perpetrator, I just cannot believe that ...”

He piled up words one by one.

 

“That's right. You would be confused if you were told something like that out of the blue, wouldn't you?”

I preface it like that.

 

“If it's not Akari Tobishima, do you have any idea who else it could be?”

I ask.

 

“...... I, I'm sorry. My wife and I have not really paid much attention to Yukiko.......”

When he said that, Sasakura-san fell silent.

 

A dead end........

 

But the second I thought that.

The next thing I knew, “...... Oh, that girl could be.........”

Sasakura-san said as if he remembered something.

 

" Who is this girl?"

 

“...... Well, she's not a criminal or anything like that....... It's a girl named Hiiragi Mai who was very close to Yukiko since elementary school......they went to different junior high schools, but Yukiko happily told me once that they will be going to the same school again in high school.......”

 

“The same high school?”

 

“Y, yes...... although the classes seemed to be different.......”

 

Hmm... I don't have any other clues, so I'll have to check with the girl.

I thought to myself.

 

“Do you have a picture of the girl?”

“Yes, I do. ...... When I get home, I'll find her picture in the graduation album.......”

“Well, please email me the pictures later. I'll check it further.”

That's all I said.

 

I ended the conversation and left the table.

“So, does that mean that Akari...... Tobishima is also a victim.....?”

Sasakura-san looks up at me with hollow eyes and says.

 

“That's right. She's being severely bashed by the people around her as a perpetrator of bullying which she never did.”

 

“Oh, so it's......? ...... O, Onizuka-san. I'm sure you'll be able to find the real culprit, and, and, and.......”

“You don't have to say anything else.”

I said as softly as I could and left the place alone, leaving Sasakura-san behind.


PREVIOUS | INDEX | NEXT


Ko-fi

Donate With Paypal

Patreon 

 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment: