Tou no Madoushi - Chapter 69

 Episode 69 – Lynn Removes His Beard

 

Lynn was on his way to Lorea's office when she called him.

 

“Dear Lynn.

 

 I'd like to talk to you again in private.

 Please come to my office.

 I'll be waiting for you with some delicious tea and sweets.

 

 Lorea.”

 

(I wonder what it is. To be called out like this)

 

 The letter's vague and far-fetched phrasing gave Lynn a strange feeling of anticipation.

 

(At any rate, a gentleman shouldn't refuse an invitation from a lady, right?)

 

Today he wore the tailcoat, silk hat, and little mustache that he believed suited him best, and went out into the downtown area of Alfredo.

 

 When Lynn arrived in front of her office, Lorea was waiting for him at the entrance.

 

 She gave him an unusually bright smile.

 

“Lynn, I've been waiting for you. You must be tired after walking all the way here. Come on, let's go inside.”

 

 Lynn couldn't help but smile.

 

“Yes.”

 But when they entered the parlor of the office and sat down on the sofa, what awaited them was not tea and snacks, but a mob of strong men who were her subordinates.

 

(Eh, what? I thought it was just the two of us.......)

 

 When Lynn looked at her in confusion, the cheerful look on her face had completely disappeared and she looked bloodthirsty.

 

“Hey, Lynn. What's this all about?”

 Lorea showed him several documents.

 

 They were a number of cease and desist letters from major clients.

 

 Then there was the notice from the academy.

 

“Dear Lorea.

 

 You have been out of school for a number of years.

 There is no doubt that your enthusiasm for your studies has diminished.

 It is also difficult to overlook your various activities that are disruptive to public morals.

 Therefore, you are hereby expelled from this school.

 

Dean.”

 

Lynn's mind went blank.

 

“What do you know, Lynn? You know something, don't you? Say something.”

 

“No, I don't care what you say. I don't know the intentions of the major business associations or the head of the academy.......”

 

“I heard that all the big merchants are going to deal through Theo. I've been looking into it while I'm filing a complaint with the Dean, and it seems that Illywia is involved. Illywia is the royal family that loves you, isn't it? Don't tell me you haven't met her. You've been bragging a lot about your connections with Illywia.”

 

(Eh, what? I thought Illywia-san was supposed to make her move next week. And Theo said we can proceed with the settlement. I mean, what? Dean? I thought we only asked Illywia-san to put pressure on the major business associations. No way, did she send a letter to the Dean as well?)

 

“I'll never be able to enter the city, let alone rule Alfredo. Are you asking me to work in Renril's factory now?”

 

“…..”

 

“Hey. What is going on, Lynn? I thought you were on my side. Did you actually set me up? Hey, Lynn.”

 

“Well, did Theo mention anything to you, Lorea-san?”

 

“It's your job to keep in touch with Theo, isn't it?”

 

“Ah, I see. Yes, it is.”

 

(This is... maybe I have made a big mistake...)

At this point, Lynn finally realized that he had made a big mistake.

 

 Lynn hurriedly tried to sort out the situation in his head.

 

(Hmm. That's what this is all about, isn't it? Theo had no intention of reconciling with Lorea-san in the first place. The fact that he told me that I could proceed with the reconciliation was just a way to buy time to get her to let her guard down. So what will be my role now?)

 

Lynn let his imagination run wild as to how he would appear to Lorea.

 

 From Theo's point of view, he was a pawn to buy time by convincing her that he had no hostile intentions toward her until he could complete the siege against Lorea.

 

 On the other hand, from Lorea's point of view, he was a person who disturbed her side by spreading false information that they were going to reconcile, even though they had no intention of doing so.

 

That means ......

 

(That would mean I'm a spy, right?)

 And apparently the mission was accomplished.

 

(Now all I have to do is run. But ......)

 I've been caught by Lorea's invitation.

 

(You're a bad person, Theo. If that was the case, why didn't he just explain it to me from the beginning? This makes me look like a fool. Illywia-san too. You didn't have to do anything so serious. There is no excuse for this. She is cruel despite her appearance.)

 

“Hey Lynn. What's going on? That's not what you said. You're on my side, aren't you? You are planning to turn me over to Theo and Ilywia. You aren't going to abandon me and betray me, are you? What is it? Hey, Lynn!”

 

“Hmm”

Lynn intertwined the fingers of his hands and played with them, staring at them and making a deep gesture of thinking.

 

Lorea and the others watched the scene with bated breath.

 

 There was an awkward silence in the room for a while. The only sound in the quiet room was the ticking of the clock.

 

“Oh, yes.”

 Suddenly, Lynn stood up as if he had an idea and spoke up.

 Lorea and the others braced themselves.

 

“I had a tea party today. No, no, no. I almost forgot.”

 Lynn flicked off his fake beard and placed it on the table.

 

“So that's why. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to leave now.”

“Huh? What? Wait a minute.”

 Lorea grabbed Lynn's arm to hold him back as he tried to leave.

 

“Let me go!”

 Lynn said coldly and turned around.

 

Lorea was surprised when she saw the reproachful look in Lynn's eyes.

 

 

It makes her feel like she has hurt a naive boy, like she has done something she shouldn't have, and she flinches.

 

“I was really hoping to reconcile with Lorea-san. But as I told you before, I can't leave Theo. Please understand. Now then.”

 

Lynn shook off Lorea's hand when it relaxed for a moment and slunk away.

 The room was once again filled with an awkward silence.

 

When she could no longer hear Lynn's footsteps, Lorea finally exploded in anger.

 

“Fufufu”

 

She let out a self-mocking laugh and swung her wand down on the table.

 Her wand slammed into the fake beard that Lynn had just left behind.

 The table made a rattling sound and broke in half.

 The beard was blown to bits and disappeared without a trace.

 

“What the hell is that guy? Theo is just a guy with a bad personality. Lynn, he's just a scumbag, isn't he?”

 

 She went down to the basement and began to chant a spell that would unleash Cerberus, ignoring the warnings of her subordinates.

 

“Enough about Theo. Kill Lynn. Kill that two-faced bastard.”

 

 Cerberus was released from the cage and ran up the stairs with great force, blowing the office door open and running out.

 

“I felt sorry for him and took pity on him, but he betrayed me. He disrespected my feelings. I'll never forgive him.”


Ko-fi

Donate With Paypal

Patreon 


 Previous Index | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment