Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu> - Chapter 57

 Episode 57 - My First Dungeon Challenge

 

I am a golem.

A poor golem that had been forced to wear a cursed item. At first, I put some rocks that had fallen around the area into the pouch. I wondered what I would do if I couldn't get it out, but it came out just fine. After some more tests, I came to a conclusion.

 

I just think that this pouch doesn't have a pattern that I just can't let go of. It's not like the pockets of a green raccoon that can be filled with an inexhaustible supply of items, nor does it stop time inside the pouch. When I stuffed it full of rocks, it swelled up, and when I put weeds in it, it became wrinkled before I knew it. There is no doubt about it.

 

After I put on this pouch, the way everyone looked at me changed. They used to look at me like, “What's with the silver golem?” but now they look at me like, “What kind of bad taste is it to have such a strange pouch? “ What a surprise. My metal-bodied golem character is being dragged down by a strange pouch.

 

Fearsome item of curse.

Fearful pouch. I must break this curse.

 

 

As I was thinking this, I arrived at the entrance to the labyrinth. There were quite a few adventurers entering the labyrinth. Wow. Looks like they're having fun. I'm going on an adventure too!

There were two men at the entrance to the labyrinth. One was a man. One was a beastman. I remembered a man dressed like that at the guild, doing paperwork. Maybe he's a guild employee. For now, let's say he's a guild employee.

 

The guild staff took some kind of card from the adventurers who were about to enter the labyrinth, I guess it was a dungeon card. After checking the card, they let the adventurers into the labyrinth. I didn't have a dungeon card, so naturally I tried to walk in, but my pouch was grabbed.

 

Hmm? I wonder why.

 

When I turned around, a beastman guild employee asked me to show him my dungeon card. I didn't have one, so I shook my head. I showed him my wristband as if to say, “How about this?” Then the guild official looked at the wristband and mumbled something like, “Is this Camome's handwriting?” Then he speaks to me in a slightly puzzled manner.

 

“That's a problem. This is a dungeon with a high level of difficulty, and we don't want anyone to suddenly enter and die, so we check the ranks of the adventurers before we let them in.”

 

Oh, I see. I nodded my head. But I don't have a dungeon card, and if I don't need permission to enter the labyrinth, I'd like to be allowed in, I gestured. The guild official was still puzzled.

 

“I know you want to go in, but you're all alone. If something happens to you, it could be bad to fall asleep, so why don't you start with a dungeon that's a bit easier? There's no one to check the people entering the dungeon like we do. If you're okay with that, please come back.”

 

Eeeeeeeh, I think I can handle it even from a high difficulty dungeon.

 

As I crossed my arms, I glanced at the guild staff to show that I was reluctant. However, the guild staff would not budge.

 

“Go train in a beginner's dungeon for a week, just a week. If you come back and say you are okay, I won't stop you then. I'm begging you. Please.”

 

The guild staff put his hands together and bowed his head, still trying to persuade me. Hmm, he's quite a nice guy to bow for my sake. To satisfy your heart, I will go to the beginner's dungeon.

 

I waved to the guild staff and left without entering the dungeon.

 

“Hey, that golem with the weird pouch.”

“Hmm, you mean the good golem?”

“Yeah. Do you think he'll make it through to the beginner's dungeon?”

“Don't worry, it's only in the beginner's dungeon that there's no guild staff standing at the entrance.”

 

“But the Labyrinth of Despair and Labyrinth of the Unreachable are sealed off, so there's no guild staff there either. Are you sure he won't go there by mistake?”

“Hmm, even if he goes there by mistake, it won't matter because the barrier will prevent him from entering.”

“Yeah, that's true.”

“Yes, next person, please show me your dungeon card.”

 

 

I took a path through the forest, away from the labyrinth city. It's a beginner's dungeon. Maybe there aren't many adventurers here. Everyone seems to be adventuring in a party.

 

Maybe I should have joined a party. I'm always alone, so it never occurred to me to form a party.

 

Finally, I arrived at the dungeon. There is an entrance designed as if it were a gate to hell.

 

So, this is the beginner's dungeon. The entrance to the previous dungeon looked like a cave. Maybe the beginner's dungeon is meant to scare you with its appearance. The dungeon for advanced players is probably just a normal dungeon, and if you take it for granted, you'll find out that it's actually an amazing dungeon. I guess that's why the guild staff was standing at the entrance to warn people. As expected of a dungeon. The depths are endless.

 

I walked towards the entrance of the beginner's dungeon.

As I passed through the entrance, a pale sphere of light appeared around my body. It was as if I had passed through a barrier in the Land of Mermaids. Perhaps the dungeon is sealed to prevent monsters from getting out.

 

I proceed deeper into the dungeon.

 

I occasionally slapped the monsters that appeared and chase them away. It would probably be better to kill them all, but this was my first challenge, and I couldn't see any adventurers around, so I figured it would be enough to just scare them away.

 

I continued on my way.

 

There was a staircase, so I went on down. The first basement floor is the same as the first floor above ground, a dungeon with a rugged rocky surface. I imagined it to be a smaller cave, but it's quite a wide passage with occasional large rooms. This dungeon also had an elaborate entrance. It's a beginner's dungeon, so it's wide enough for easy movement. It's a very friendly design. The monsters that come at you can be chased off by slapping them.

 

I quickly made my way down the dungeon. Unfortunately, I still hadn't found any treasure chests. Speaking of dungeons, treasure chests are a must. Also, I didn't see any other adventurers at all. I thought that since it was a beginner's dungeon, there wouldn't be many, but I didn't think there would be any at all.

 

Thinking that I was the only beginner, I made it to the 10th floor.

 

As I was looking for the stairs, I came upon a large room. There seemed to be a staircase at the back of the large room that led downward. A rather large insect that was in the large room attacked me. It was holding a large sickle like a praying mantis. It swung its sickle, but it was quite far away from me. As I looked at it, a crack appeared on the wall behind me.

 

What? Oh, no way, it's a vacuum wave! It didn't damage me at all, though. I smacked the mantis, and when it was scared, I proceeded to the stairs. I thought I'd just go down, so I went down. It looked like a boss, but I guess I could go on without defeating it.

 

After that, I continued on my way. There was nothing dangerous.

 

It was only a beginner's dungeon. There was no way I was going to stumble in a beginner's dungeon like this.

 

 

In this dungeon, there seems to be a boss-like monster on each of the ten floors. I haven't defeated them yet, though, because I can continue on without defeating them.

 

I continued down the stairs, but there was no treasure chest and no end in sight. I don't know what's going on. I don't need to eat or sleep, so there's no problem. Other adventurers who need to bring food will have a hard time.

 

Oh, the next one will finally be the 100th floor. I guess this beginner's dungeon must be over by now, and the 100th floor is just perfect.

 

The boss of the 100th floor was a dragon. A red dragon with no wings. Compared to the evil dragon, it's like a mini-dragon. Well, compared to me, it's really big. It shoots out a breath of flame, but it doesn't work on me.

This level of flame is meaningless in front of my metal body!

 

I realized while looking up to the dragon in the scorching flames. I'm sure this flame will extinguish the pouch! Thank you, Dragon! Your breath will not be in vain! I can see you shining like a savior to me now as you breathe out your fire!

 

{Log: The effects of the [Enlightened One] have calmed my excitement}

 

I look at the tattered, burned-out pouch. There is not a single scorch mark on the pattern, which I think is impossible, while giving off a glaring aura. What a mess, even with this flame. How can this pouch be removed? I've decided to call it the Naiwa Pouch. The cursed Naiwa Pouch.

 

While I was staring at my pouch, I felt a shock. I roll over and over. The dragon seemed to have knocked me away with its tail. I smacked the dragon on the head and descended the stairs to the 100th floor, which must lead to the end of this dungeon.

 

 

I'm a little ashamed of myself for thinking that the 100th floor would be the end of the dungeon. I underestimated the beginner's version. I have already passed the 200th floor. And now I'm on the 250th floor.

It seems like, around the time I got off the 230th floor, the monsters started attacking me in groups. It's amazing. It's like a monster park all the time here. When they come in groups like this, I feel as if someone is sending monsters to block my way. But then again, there's no such person.

 

Maybe there's a big demon king. Well, it can't be. It's just a beginner's dungeon. It's a cheap dungeon with not a single treasure chest so far. No wonder there are no adventurers here.

 

I was alone, mumbling to myself as I walked downward.

 

 

Finally, it's the 300th floor, and after the 250th floor, I've been attacked by a bunch of monsters, including the dragon from the 100th floor. If it wasn't me, I'd probably be dead.

 

I began to wonder if this was really a beginner's dungeon. Maybe it's just a dungeon where you can dive up to the 10th floor.

 

But if I've come this far, I'm going to keep going! I must keep going down until I find at least one treasure chest.

 

 

Sigh, I hate myself for saying that I'll keep going down until I find a treasure chest.

 

The next one is the 700th floor, but there are no treasure chests at all. Already there are no more monsters that look like small fry. All the monsters that appear are boss-like in appearance.

 

I wonder what this dungeon is for. And for what purpose do I keep diving here? I have not had the joy of finding treasure chests, nor have I had the joy of leveling up since I have not killed a single enemy so far.

 

Even when I level up, my status doesn't change, so there really is no such pleasure in leveling up to begin with!

 

With a bit of resignation, I entered the boss room on the 700th floor. Then the corridor I had come in through disappeared. The passageway to the stairs leading down from the back also turned into a wall.

 

Oh! It's a little different from before.

 

A five-headed red dragon appears, a smaller version of the eight-headed evil dragon. It doesn't even have wings, so it's a degraded version. But it's two sizes bigger than the previous boss-like ones. Could this be the boss of the dungeon? The way forward and back is now closed. I guess this means I have to kill this guy.

 

I'll do it!

 

I begin to fight the five-headed dragon, activating and firing my six line lights. With a chuin, chuin, chuin, I blew off the dragon's five heads at the same time, and with a chuin, I blew off its body. All that was left were its four legs. It was an instant kill.

 

Fuh, nothing personal.

 

The remaining legs turned into particles of light and disappeared. After that, a large, glowing red jewel fell down. I was a little moved by the sight of it, as if it was indeed a dungeon. Then, the way back and the way forward opened up again.

 

I put the drop item, a glowing red jewel, into my Pouch. For the first time, this cursed item came in handy. It's sad that I can't honestly say “Thank you, Mother.”

 

And when I was about to go down the stairs, a treasure chest grew out of the ground!

 

Seriously? What is this fantasy? As expected of a dungeon! I wonder if I should have defeated the boss in the past? I think I've wasted a bit of time! I'm going to kill the bosses from now on!

 

{Log: The effects of the [Enlightened One] have calmed my excitement}

 

I gently opened the treasure chest, feeling both excited and nervous.

 

Inside the treasure chest was a piece of paper and a waist pouch-like object. There was something written on the paper. But I can't read it. I twisted my head and shoved the paper into the pouch. It crumpled up, but I didn't care. It was probably the instruction manual for this waist pouch. I don't need an instruction manual.

 

I took out the waist pouch from the treasure chest, feeling a little happy to have reached the 700th floor. I was able to open the treasure chest and get the loot. Let's go home for now.

 

So, I put the waist pouch on my waist. Then the waist pouch glowed and disappeared with a swooshing sound.

 

What the heck?

 

My first item from the treasure chest has disappeared!

 

Was this waist pouch a magic item? That's the 700th floor treasure chest! But it's gone!

 

I collapsed on the floor with my hands on my head.

 

{Log: The effects of the [Enlightened One] has resolved the state of disappointment}

 

 

The return trip was smooth. The journey was smooth, but the return trip was even smoother.

 

There were no monsters at all, as if they wanted me to get the hell out of there. And the dungeon, which was like a complicated maze on the way there, is now a straight path.

 

What a kind design. I guess I was right in thinking that this was a beginner's dungeon, and that I should have just defeated the boss on the tenth floor and gone straight home. I guess it was wrong of me to go too deep into the dungeon. Well, it was a good experience.

 

The guild employee was right. The best place to start is in a beginner's dungeon as a tutorial.

 

I have completed my first dungeon challenge. Now that I've gained some experience, I continue on my way to the surface, skipping along the way.



Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment: