Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 56

 Episode 56 - First Equipment

 

I am a Golem.

 

After leaving the guild, I decided to go to the labyrinth. As I was wandering around the labyrinth city, I found it!

 

Oh, that's it! Isn't that a general store! I've got to go there! They must be selling brushes and towels! I'll have to check the prices! Whoo-hoo!

 

{Log: The effects of the Enlightened One have calmed my excitement}

 

I arrived in front of the general store. I check out the products one by one from the entrance. I'm a little excited to see if they have any brushes or towels. Ah, there it is! It's the brush corner.

 

A brown scrubbing brush. This one's not so good. I want a handle on the brush. I cannot reach my back with my hands. I'm not that flexible.

 

A white mop. It's too long. It's no good. It's taller than I am. It's hard to carry around. I want a more compact one.

 

A green toilet brush. It's the closest to my ideal brush. But it's probably for the toilet. I don't know if it's okay for me to use it to scrub my body. I'm afraid someone will say, “Hey, that golem is scrubbing himself with a toilet brush” or “Hey, Mr. Golem, can you stay away from me?” No, no, no! This brush is also rejected!

I gently put the toilet brush back in its place. Goodbye, toilet brush. I'll find another one similar to it...

 

There was a rattling sound. I looked in the direction of the sound and saw a girl, around thirteen years old, at the counter. She had freckles on her face and her hair was in a braid. She's wearing an apron, so I'd say she's a typical girl who helps out at the store. I calmly observe the girl with my golem eyes.

 

{Log: There is no skill called Golem Eye}

Damn, still no luck. I still can't unlock my golem eyes?

 

The girl looks at me and freezes.

 

Hmmm... Are you on the alert by any chance? A stray demon? Maybe she's thinking that. I guess this is where this wristband I got from the guild comes in. I approached the girl and tried to show her my wristband, but she shouted, “Mommy!” and retreated to the back of the store.

 

What a shock. My metal body looks so shiny and lovely and yet....

 

After a short wait, the girl came back, hiding behind an adult woman. This must be the girl's mother. Her figure was wider than the girl's. If she's not careful, she'll end up looking like her mother.

 

“So, when you say there's a strange silvery thing, do you mean this, Olivia?”

 

“Yes, that's right, Mom! I noticed it was at the brush stand! And kept checking a toilet brush carefully!”

 

I knew it was a toilet brush. My guess was right. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy that one.

 

Whoa, that's not what I meant. I have to show them that I'm not dangerous! "Here, look at this" I said, holding out the wristband on my left wrist in front of me and pointing it out with my right hand. The mother notices and stares at the wristband.

 

“Safe and secure, good Golem. So, you're a good golem?”

 

Oh, she understood from the wristband. Well done, receptionist! My stock in the receptionist girl has skyrocketed! But what do you mean by safe and secure?

 

I nodded my head in agreement, “That's right, that's right.” But the little girl was puzzled.

 

“Oh, mom, are you sure you want to trust that?”

 

“Well, a really bad golem wouldn't be wearing such a shady wristband. I'm sure he would have worn something a little more proper, like the mark of a follower.”

 

What the hell? Is that shady? This! What did you write, receptionist?!!

The girl pondered for a bit and then agreed, “That's true, too.” I felt a little depressed.

 

“So, good Golem. What do you want from us?”

 

Oh, this mother is a good sport. She looks like she's got it all together. I told her that I was looking for a brush. I don't have any money, but I need something. I move my hand in front of my body to indicate that I want to use the brush to scrub my body.

 

“Hmm, oh, you want that? Since my daughter was rude and there are things that have been unsold forever, I'll give it to you. Give me a minute.”

 

What?! The message got through. Rather than my gesture being good, I should praise her understanding. What a power of comprehension. This is what I call a customer service professional! She was able to guess exactly what I wanted! And she said it was unsold, but she's giving me a brush! What kind of brush? I don't want a toilet brush, please.

 

I waited there in suspense. The girl just watched me in silence.

 

After a short wait, the mother returned. In her hand, there was no brush ...... that I had been looking for for a long time. Instead, she held in her hand a pouch with a shoulder strap that seemed to hold a variety of things. And the pattern is a bit awful. I have to say that the pattern is not in my taste. Perhaps the problem was the pattern, the reason why it was left unsold.

 

The girl also said, “Oh, you're giving that away? I guess we don't need that.” That's right. I don't want it either. It's such a strange pouch. I nodded deeply and quietly in agreement with the girl. But the mother remained unfazed.

 

“What are you talking about? You were moving your hands in front of your body and appealing to me that you wanted a diagonal bag. You wanted this too, didn't you?”

 

The mother was confidently approaching me.

 

What a sense of pressure and confidence, I almost nodded my head. I can't lose. I can't lose to this kind of pressure! Remember! I've had a lot of pressure interviews in my job search! The interviewers who took advantage of the overwhelming difference in position between the recruiter and the candidate and cornered them! Those glasses! What makes you think that someone like you can make it in this company? If glasses like you are able to make it, there's no way I can't get the job! But Ahhhhhhhhh

 

{Log: The effects of the [Enlightened One] have calmed my excitement}

 

Oh no, I couldn't help but think of the past. I'm a golem who can clearly say no. I can't speak, though. This time, I'll use gestures to communicate! I put my hands in front of me and pointed my palms at Mom, desperately appealing to her to refuse. But she remained unaffected. She can't understand me.

 

“What's the matter with you? No need to worry about paying for it, just accept it. These days, all bags are enchanted, so I can't sell this unenchanted bag. So, if you take it, it'll be a big help to us.”

 

I'm desperate to tell her that I don't need it. Even if the mother is helped, I can't be helped! I really don't need that pouch! However, she adjusted the shoulder strap of the pouch by eye, and quickly put the pouch around my neck.

 

{WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!}

 

Eh? What? Did the world's voice have a bug? I've never heard the voice of the world like this before.

 

{Warning: Golem has equipped a cursing item}

{Warning: Once equipped, a cursing item cannot be removed until the condition is met}

 

What?

A curse item?

What are the conditions? Why can't I get rid of this?

 

Haha. You're kidding. Of course, you're going to say “just kidding”. I can see right through you, you know!

 

I tried to remove the pouch, but it wouldn't come off. I tried with all my might to tear off the straps of the pouch, but there seemed to be a special force at work. A glaring black aura overflows, making it impossible to tear it off....... This aura must not be visible to the mother and the girl. They didn't show any reaction. Seeing me struggling so hard, the mother had a nice smile on her face. She looks very happy.

 

“I'm glad you like it so much! That may look like it will break easily, but it's a pretty sturdy pouch. It won't break easily. Don't worry!”

 

I was in despair. I crumpled to the ground in disbelief.

 

{Log: The Effects of [Enlightened one] have resolved the state of despair. Please don't give up!}

 

What a surprise! I've been cheered on by the voices of the world. That's a first. That's right, I can't give up! I'm the one who never gives up, and surely if I don't give up, I'll be able to lift this curse!

 

I'm sure that my determination to lift the curse has made the mother very happy. Only the little girl was watching the scene, muttering, “Eh?”

 

I have no choice but to put the pouch on an angle. I can't get it off my body, but I can change the way I wear it.

 

What the hell is going on with me? Magic items disappear all by themselves. But I can equip the cursing item. How absurd. I can't think of any other word than absurd.

 

“Come back if you need anything else, good golem!” The mother sent me off.

I waved her off and left the store in a huff.

 

Something terrible was thrust upon me. I walked aimlessly. This time, I didn't take any detours, and headed straight for the labyrinth.


Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment: