Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 55

 Episode 55 - Guild Master and Receptionist

 

I am a golem.

 

In front of me is not a receptionist, but a strong, burly old man. For some reason, I had been brought to the back of the room because of the commotion that had just occurred. I sat down on a chair and waited for the old man to come and sit in front of me.

 

The old man stared at me. I was nervous that I might be appraised secretly, but I didn't hear any voice from the world saying that I was being appraised. I guess they really don't have the luxury of appraising me without my permission. I was a little satisfied.

 

Finally, the old man calls out to me.

 

“Golem, what is your purpose here? There's no sign of the tamer, and no mark of the follower. Do you want to be an adventurer by any chance?”

 

Oh, this old man seems to know what he's talking about. I nodded my head in agreement. The old man was a little surprised by this, so he asked me to confirm further.

 

“Hm, do you want to be an adventurer?”

 

I nodded my head in agreement. The old man put his hand on his chin and thought about something.

“Golem, have you by any chance been to the Zykarta continent?”

 

E, Eh? I wonder why the Zykarta continent is suddenly mentioned here. It's quite a distance away, and I've been pretty covert over there. I wondered how I should answer this question.

 

Seeing my confusion, he said, “Hmm” and got up and walked out the door. After a while, he walked back into the room with the receptionist. This receptionist was a girl who was known as Camome. She put something on a tray. Then the old man took his seat again.

 

“Golem, I can't register you as an adventurer.”

 

What? Why? Isn't it possible to become an adventurer regardless of race?

I protested with a desperate gesture! I desperately appeal to them to let golems become adventurers too!

 

Seeing my panic, the old man seemed to be giving me an explanation.

 

“No, demons can't be registered as adventurers. The demons that are registered with the guild are considered Tamer's followers. So, a demon by itself, you're a golem, right? A golem can't be registered as an adventurer.”

 

What the heck? You can't make a golem an adventurer. Why, does this adorable metal body look evil to you? It's sparkling and shiny! Take a good look at it, old man!

 

{Log: The effect of the [Enlightened One] has resolved the state of agitation}

 

Well, after seeing my reaction, the old man, drops his shoulders and has made a proposal with a feeling of compassion.

 

“I can't register the golem as an adventurer, but I'll give you the mark of a follower so that you won't get into trouble with adventurers like you did this time. If you wear it, the adventurers won't try to mess with you unnecessarily.”

 

The mark of a follower. I'm not following anyone, and I don't want to be tied down by anyone. The old man continued to call out to me, showing signs of worry.

 

“It's not like wearing the mark of a follower is going to bind you. It's a grimoire, but without a recognized master, it's just like a decoration.”

 

Then the receptionist picked up the mark of the follower that she was holding and handed it to me. I don't know if I should take the old man's word for it, but I didn't want to get tangled up with the adventurers, so I put the mark of the follower on my left hand. I am the one who was never controlled by the dominant King Tin. I will never be controlled by something like this.

 

The follower's mark on my left wrist glowed and disappeared with a swooshing sound. I just thought, "Oh, no, not again," but it seemed to be a shocking scene for the old man and the receptionist in front of me. Their eyes were wide open. I can't seem to equip myself with magic tools after all. I'm not sure if it's only the ones that you wear all the time that are not allowed.

 

As the old man and the receptionist were thinking about what to do, the receptionist said, “Oh, that's right!” The receptionist walked out of the room. I wonder what she thought of. I didn't think she was a girl who knew how to work, but I guess she could.

 

The receptionist came back into the room and brought a wristband made of a black rubbery material, a brush and a bottle. The old man asks, “What's that?” I want to know too. What are you going to do with it?

 

The receptionist giggled and put something that looked like white paint on her brush and quickly wrote something on the black rubber. I couldn't read what she was writing. But I could tell that the writing was not very good. When I looked at the man's face, I saw a bit of a scowl on his face. The receptionist started to explain to me in a good manner.

 

“It's not a magical tool like the mark of a follower, but if you wear it, you'll know you're not in danger!”

 

What confidence! And this quick thinking! This receptionist might be a very capable girl after all!

 

I took the wristband from the receptionist and put it on my left wrist. Oh! This time it doesn't disappear! It's okay if it's not a magic tool, I see.

 

The receptionist smiles and gives me a thumbs up. I gave the receptionist a thumbs up. Seeing this, the old man nodded his head and said, “Well, okay.”

 

The receptionist also sat down beside the old man and began to explain to him.

 

“Golem-san can't register as an adventurer, so we can't give you a dungeon card. So, I won't tell you about the dungeon card, I'll tell you about the labyrinth.”

 

I was a little curious about the dungeon card, but I decided it was no use asking about something I couldn't get, so I nodded as if to say yes.

 

“There are a number of labyrinths, or dungeons, around here. Basically, you don't need permission to enter a labyrinth.”

 

Oh, I didn't need permission. Oh, so it is okay to enter without permission? I guess I don't have to worry about not being an adventurer. By the way, this receptionist has big breasts. I guess it's better to be sexy when you're dealing with adventurers and other men. I guess if you show off your cleavage, a lot of adventurers will listen to you. But I'm not going to be fooled by that kind of cleavage, I thought as I looked at her breasts.

 

“Golem-san! Golem-san! Did you hear what I said?”

 

That. Before I knew it, the explanation was over. What a surprise, the explanation ended while I was pondering over the receptionist's breasts. I don't think it's possible, but isn't this receptionist able to control time? Amazing! Amazing! The guild's receptionist.

 

The receptionist was a little half-eyed as she spoke to me.

 

“Do you have any questions now that I've explained everything?”

 

Well, I didn't listen to the explanation, so I couldn't possibly have any questions. I shook my head and left the room. Then, I walked out of the guild.

 

 

In the guild room after the golem had left, Gamongus, the guild master, and Camome, the receptionist, stayed behind to talk.

 

“Hey, Camome. What's with that wristband [Safe and secure! A good golem!] What does that mean?”

“What's wrong with that? Even the golem was happy about it.”

“Hmmm, I don't think the golem knew what it said.”

“He didn’t? But he seemed to be satisfied.”

“Well, yeah.”

 

Camome asked Gamongus her own question.

 

“But, Guildmaster, is that golem really not dangerous? It's an untamed demon. I was surprised when he suddenly asked us to bring him the mark of an unregistered follower.”

 

“Hmm, but do you think that golem looks like it's going to do anything bad?”

 

Camomé thought for a moment and answered:

 

“No, he didn't look like he was going to do anything too bad, although it did look like he was staring at my chest and not listening to my explanation.”

 

"Yeah, I guess he was just thinking about something else."

 

Gamongus thought for a moment, lowered his voice and began to speak.

 

“In fact, a while ago, I received a call from the guild in the royal capital of the Vidy Kingdom on the continent of Zykarta to the guilds around the world. A silver golem that nobody could understand had appeared. And as long as you don't antagonize the golem, there's no problem. Rather, it seems that he killed the aristocrats who messed with him and they couldn’t not even touch him, the witch of the royal castle, etc. I even heard that he restored a church for some unknown reason.”

 

Camome listens quietly to the story.

 

“So, when I heard about it from about the guild, I didn't expect to hear from you... I didn't think it was possible, but I asked him about it, and he told me that he came from Zykarta. Rather than kicking him out, I thought I'd give him the mark of a follower, let him spend some time in the labyrinth city and he will leave as quickly as possible.”

 

“So that's what you were talking about.”

“Yeah, only the guild master class was informed of this.”

“You're sure you want me to have this information?”

“Yes, it's necessary.”

“Necessary?”

 

Gamongus says to Camome with a firm expression.

 

“Oh, Camome! I need you to help me keep that golem from causing trouble in the guild.”

“What? Oh, no! I can't!”

“No, Camome. You can do it. Only you can do it. The way you and the golem were giving each other the thumbs up, it looked like you were on the same page to me! It's okay! You'll be fine!”

“No, that was just a spur of the moment thing. How am I going to?”

 

When Camome was reluctant, Gamongus had no choice but to play his trump card. He was convinced that Camome would manage just fine with this card.

 

“Camome, since I'm putting you in charge of the golem, I'll give you two-thirds of the guild's 30 percent share of any items or demon materials the golem brings back from the labyrinth. This is special.”

“What?!”

“I heard that golem is quite strong. From what I've heard from the Vidy Kingdom, that golem might have the power of a 5 star or even a 6 star. I'm sure he's capable of it.”   “I'll do it! I'll support the golem!”

Camome shows her willingness by interrupting Gamongus.

 

“That cute little golem can't possibly be a bad demon! I'll do my best to support and contribute to the guild, so watch me!”

“A-Ah, do your best.”

“Yes!!”

 

After saying that, Camome left the room with great enthusiasm. Camome then immediately made about ten posters with the same content and put them up on the guild's bulletin board and in front of each counter.

 

The posters said, “[Safe and secure! Good golem!] The silver golem is not a stray demon! Although he is not an adventurer, the receptionist Camome has been put in charge of him. You can't mess with the silver golem! If you try to mess with the silver golem, you will be sanctioned by the guild, so please be careful! From Camomé, the receptionist.”

 

Of course, the part about sanctions from the guild was at Camome's sole discretion, and she had no such authority. Gamongus, however, pretended to ignore it, hoping that this would reduce the number of disputes.

However, Gamongus would regret his decision that day after a while.

 

Because the golem had taken up residence in the labyrinth city, contrary to Gamongus' wishes.

 

And because the items that the golem sometimes brought were all of tremendous value.

 

Gamongus didn't know yet that although Camome was very satisfied, the rest of the receptionists would raise hell because of the tremendous condemnation of Gamongus' decision.

 


Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment