Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 54

 Episode 54 - I came to the Labyrinth City

 

I am a golem.

 

I secretly boarded a ship from the trading city of Zaiford and crossed over to the continent of Joeisa, which is shrouded in a deep fog. It is said that there are many labyrinths on this continent. I'm aiming for Quardros, a city on the side of one such labyrinth.

 

It seems that race doesn't mean much on this continent. The only thing that matters is how far you can dive and how well you can conquer the Labyrinth. It doesn't matter if you're a human, a beast, a lizard, a bug, a demon, or a demon. The only thing that matters is whether you have the power or not.

 

I heard about it on the ship and set out for Quardros with a faint hope that if demons and monsters are okay, then golems will be too.

 

When I arrived at the labyrinth city of Quardros, I activated my [Hidden] just in case, and checked the city from a distance. I'm sure there's a lot of different kinds of people here. Oh, that guy's a skeleton! Oh, there's also a demonic-looking one. There was also a beastman on the side of the demon-like guy, maybe they're forming a party or something.

 

Well, it looks like I don't have to hide myself either. The legend of the adventurer golem is about to unfold!

 

I released my [Hidden] and walked into Quardros.

 

As I entered the Labyrinth City, I followed the adventurers who were walking a little ahead of me.

 

The adventurers would probably go to a building that would be their base. Most likely, it would be the Adventurer's Guild. I can't even ask for directions, so this is the best I can do.

 

I can feel their eyes glancing at me. Fufufu... I guess they're attracted by the beauty of my metal body. It can't be helped! That's just the way it is! I ignored their gaze and followed the adventurers.

 

Now the adventurers entered a rather large building. Next to the building's entrance was a sign with a crossed swords emblem on it. This must be the adventurer's association of this continent. I went inside.

 

The place was an weapons shop. There were all kinds of weapons on display. Big swords, spears, halberds, maces. You name it, they had it!

 

What a mess. I made a mistake.

 

Why do these adventurers always come to the weapon shop first? Let's go for the adventurer's guild!

 

Since I was so busy, I looked around at all the weapons in the store. I tried to hold a sword and an axe. However, they were all light. The adventurers who had just finished shopping were told by the shopkeeper behind the counter to "come again," and they left. Just as I was about to leave, I caught sight of the clerk behind the counter.

 

His shaggy hair is tied back in a bun like a pigtail. He also has a long beard. His body is strong, but he is not very tall. I wondered if this man was perhaps a dwarf. An arms dealer plus a dwarf. The man took out a hammer from underneath the counter without a second thought.

 

? Why the hammer?

 

I tilt my head. The dwarf's eyes widen and he snorts a little. It's a little scary, his eyes are so wide open. They're starting to bleed.

 

“Me…metal golem” the dwarf muttered.

 

Well, that's me. I nodded. The dwarf moved closer, slowly, inch by inch. I inch back, too. What the hell is happening? What is this old man after? What does he want?

 

Then he swung his hammer at me even though we were in a store! It wouldn't have mattered if it had hit me, but I raised my hands and reflexively avoided it. This dwarf, I think he was definitely trying to crush me.

 

I can't swallow any spit, but I gulp it down. Of course, I have no mouth, so I can't breathe. I am a golem who treasures the atmosphere.

 

The dwarf clicks his tongue and slams his hammer down on me over and over again! I duck and dodge as if I were a whack-a-mole. I'm starting to have some fun!

 

Don! Hyoy.

Don! Ska.

Don! Hyoy.

Don! Gorogoro.

 Fufufu, you can't hit me with that kind of attack! Mojao, show me more guts!

 

I wave my hand towards the Dwarf Mojao. Mojao grits his teeth in frustration at my relaxed attitude.

 

“Damn, metal golems are good weapon materials!”

 

Ehhhh! I was targeted for such a reason? How dare he treat me as a material, Mojao. So, the Metal Golem is a material... I have learned something new.

 

“It's rare to find a metal golem that keeps running away like this. If only my hammer could hit it, I could do anything!”

 

Mojao is holding a hammer in his hand, a little out of breath, and spitting out lines like a small fry game character. Fufufu, you think you can defeat me if you just hit me! That's sweet! Very sweet! Mojao! Your thoughts are sweeter than maple syrup!

{Log: The effects of the [Enlightened One] have calmed my excitement}

 

If you think you can win with a hit, why don't you try it? Mojao swings his hammer down with all his might. I take the hammer with my own body without any defense.

 

GAN! The hammer hit my head with a loud noise.

 

It was a bit of a jolt, but not painful at all. In fact, Mojao seemed to be in more pain. He couldn't hold the hammer and let it fall to the floor. Mojao groaned and fell to his knees on the floor.

 

I gently put my hand on Mojao's shoulder. Mojao looks up at me. I let go of Mojao's shoulders, shake my head from side to side, and put my two hands on my head, with a gesture that says it's useless.

 

It seems that my gesture was properly conveyed to Mojao. When Mojao saw me, his face turned red and he yelled, “D-Damn you!” but his hands were too numb to hold the hammer.

 

I looked around at the floor of the store that Mojao had trashed. Since the floor was a dirt floor with the ground exposed, I guess it was okay. I waved goodbye to Mojao and left the store.

 

 

I got in a lot of trouble because those adventurers didn't go straight to the adventurer's guild. Mojao's store is a dangerous place for me. I should probably stay away from it.

 

I went out to the main street of the city and walked around here and there. I saw a building where some adventurers were entering. It's a bigger building than the weapon shop I saw earlier. This time it must be an adventurer's guild. I slowly opened the door and walked in.

 

They looked at me right after I entered the guild, but after a while, they all looked away. I see now, so they are observing the newcomers. I walked up to one of the counters. The counter is as tall as I am. By the way, I'm about a meter tall. I stretched myself up so that I could somehow see the receptionist's face.

 

The receptionist at the counter looked at me like, “Eh, what?” I thought that the receptionist of the guild would have an iron-clad smile and would take good care of me, but it seems that I was imagining things.

 

I appeal to the receptionist to register as an adventurer, using only my hands. The receptionist is puzzled, “What?” I guess I can't get the message across with just my hands. What a bummer.

 

As I was doing this, I seemed to have caught the attention of the people around me. An adventurer with a kind of mischievous look called out to me. It’s Charao.

 

“Oi Oi, Camome-chan looks in trouble. Golem, where's your Master Tamer?”

I don't really understand what Charao is saying. I think Camome-chan is the receptionist who is communicating with me. But what does he mean by the master tamer?

 

“Hmm? You're not a stray golem, are you? No, there's no way that's true.”

 

He was looking at me, mumbling, “What is this charade?” I thought he was helping me out a bit, but I guess not.

 

“But you don't have the mark of a servant. Hmm.”

 

Charao grinned and drew his sword. The receptionist said, “Gurio-san! We can't have you drawing your sword in the guild!” The receptionist raised her voice.

 

“Camome-chan, I'm going to kill this stray monster that just showed up at the guild. You should be grateful and don’t try to stop me!”

 

Charao suddenly slashed at me as he said that. I caught him by the hand and threw him toward the door with force. Of course, I didn't use all my strength. It would be a disaster if his arm was ripped off. I'm sure he just wanted to impress the receptionist. With a crash, Charao burst through the door and disappeared.

 

The door was broken wide open.

 

What a mess you are, Charao. You're not going to bill me for the repairs, are you? I don't have any money at all. In fact, I don't have anything at all, not even a penny. I just need a brush or a towel. I'll definitely get one in this labyrinth city!

 

When I turned to the receptionist, she was also a little startled. Well, that was not my fault. Rather, I was the victim of a sudden attack.

 

I again approached the receptionist and asked if I could register as an adventurer. However, the receptionist only wrinkled her brow. My thoughts were not conveyed.

 

Huh, what should I do? While I was in a bit of trouble, a dark-haired woman with a piece of cloth wrapped around her head approached the receptionist.

 

“What is it, Camome? You look like you're in trouble.”

 

The receptionist had a hard time answering, “Yeah, I don't know what this golem is trying to say” she tells the black-haired woman. The black-haired woman said, “Gurio just mentioned that it's a stray demon. Why don't you just put it away?” She pulled out her jet-black sword, just like Charao.

 

Since a while ago, they have been calling me a stray monster, a stray demon, or anything else they want. In the first place, there aren't enough friends in my life. Most of the time, I'm on my own. That doesn't mean I'm a stray.

 

The woman laughed lightly and swung her sword at me, “There's nothing my magic sword can't cut, I'll take care of it.”

 

I wonder why adventurers are always the first to show their skills. I just want to register as an adventurer. I catch the magic sword with one hand. The black-haired woman's eyes widen in disbelief. The woman tries to pull the sword back to her, but I don't let go of it. If she tries to slash at me again, it would be troublesome. The adventurers around me are all shocked.

 

“Hey, that golem stopped Faina's magic sword.”

“Yeah, and not a scratch on him.”

“Faina's a three-star adventurer who's supposed to be a four-star soon, right?”

“Yeah, she's pretty strong for someone like that.”

 

4-star? 3-star adventurer? Is it like a rank for adventurers? I'd like to become an adventurer and be told, "Oh, that's the fastest 5-star golem I've ever seen! I involuntarily strengthen my grip.

 

Pakkīn~

 

The sound of something snapping was heard in the guild. I opened my hand and saw that the tip of the jet-black magic sword had snapped off! It looks like it's broken. Don’t mind, don’t mind.

 

“Eh, isn’t that a magic sword?”

“What? That magic sword broke?”

“Faina was going to be a four-star thanks to that magic sword.”

“Yeah, and if that magic sword is broken...”

 

The people around me were looking at me with surprise and pity for the black-haired woman. I looked at the black-haired woman and saw that she had a petrified look on her face. However, tears gradually began to form in her eyes, probably because she realized that the magic sword was broken.

 

“m, my magic sword is on ....... I finally got my hands on it, and, how...”

 

As she stared at her broken sword, tears began to fall in, drops and drops. The people around me were sympathetic to her. The receptionist just said, “Faina-san” and no one seemed to be ready to talk to the dark-haired woman.

 

What is this? I was attacked and I only defended myself, but now I feel like a villain. I was the victim, but somehow, I was forced into the position of a villain. What a terrible mood the place has!

 

The black-haired woman was still staring at the magic sword, dumbfounded. Tears continue to fall in drops and drops.

 

H-Hmm. It can't be helped. I picked up the broken end of the magic sword and held it to the end of the black-haired woman's magic sword. Then I wrapped both my hands around the broken part. The black-haired woman said, “There's no way you can fix it with that! You stupid golem!” The black-haired woman shouted at me. She also hit me with the hand which was not holding the magic sword.

People were trying to help me fix it. It's terrible.

After a while, I take my hand off the magic sword.

 

And then, surprise, surprise, the magic sword that had been broken earlier was now fixed!

 

The black-haired woman froze, staring at the fixed magic sword. The receptionist and the other adventurers around her were all like, “Oh, it's all repaired?” “No way!” “It’s a lie”. Fufufu, fixing something like this is a trivial matter.

 

The black-haired woman lifted her magic sword and swung it around as if in a state of fluster. What is she doing? I make a beautiful backstep to get away from the black-haired woman. The receptionist also backed away and said, “Oh, no, that's dangerous! Faina-san! If you're going to wield a sword, please do it in the training grounds!” She shouted. The black-haired woman walked into the back of the guild with her magic sword still in her hand.

 

There are many adventurers with unique characteristics.

I'm in trouble.


Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment: