Leveling Murderer - Chapter 40

 Episode 40: Mind-reading spell

 

“...... kill Kadokura?”

“Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm saying. I'm just kidding, Just kidding, Please forget about it.”

Sasaki-san turned her voice into a cheerful one and began to speak.

 

“Is that so......?”

“Yes, yes. Of course, I'm joking. I've got a lot of work to do, so if you'll excuse me.”

After saying that, Sasaki-san half-heartedly hung up the phone.

 

  

 

I felt bad for Sasaki-san, but I couldn't help but wonder about her state of mind and before I knew it I was chanting "Ngarince".

 

I closed my eyes and tried to see what was going on with Sasaki-san.

She was in a cubicle in the bathroom.

 

Oh, no.

I thought so, but when I looked closer, I saw that Sasaki-san was not doing her business, but eating lunch by herself.

 

I felt a twinge of sadness when I saw Sasaki-san eating her meal in the privacy of the bathroom, trying not to make a sound, as if she was isolated in the company.

 

I thought of Kadokura and chanted the clairvoyant spell again.

When I closed my eyes, I saw Kadokura happily chatting with his colleagues and eating lunch.

 

“Hmmm ...... I'm sorry, but you'll have to die.”

 

  

 

I have a guilty conscience, too.

 

I don't want to kill anyone if possible, and if I have to do it, I prefer to take out thugs.

 

However, I wonder if there are any thugs who have ever committed murder, sexual assault, or arson in my area.

 

Maybe there are, but chances are they're already behind bars.

 

That's why I've been killing people who have fallen under the spell of detecting bad people without giving it much thought.

 

I have one week to kill someone or I'm dead.

Kadokura was on my bad guy radar.

That's reason enough to kill him.

 

Yes. This is not a revenge killing for Sasaki-san, but a personal killing for me, and by extension, for the betterment of society.

 

I know I'm full of holes in my logic, but it's for the sake of living, and I can't give up on that.

 

I told myself that and left the apartment.

Then I went to a coffee shop near the company where Sasaki-san worked and waited patiently, staring out the window, until Kadokura left the company.

 

  

 

A little after 6 p.m., I saw Sasaki-san coming out of the company alone.

She looked tired and exhausted.

 

At 7 p.m., Kadokura came out of the office with several men and women who looked like his subordinates.

 

The way he walks, smiling and shouldering his way with the men and women next to him, he looks like a real people-person.

 

I chanted the spell “Shiabinoshi” and followed them.

We stopped in front of a tavern and Kadokura was exchanging a few words with his men.

 

According to what I could hear from his loud voice, he refused their invitation, saying, “My wife and child are waiting for me at home!” He seemed to be refusing the invitation of his subordinates.

 

After parting from his men, Kadokura headed home alone.

Kadokura gradually enters a lonely road with no lights.

It was a good time to kill him.

 

I look around to make sure there is no one around and speed up my walk.

 

I approached Kadokura's back with only four, three, and two meters remaining.

 

When I got behind him, I quickly reached out and grabbed his neck.

 

“Gah ......?”

 

My current grip strength is over a hundred kilos.

It's not easy to shake off a grip once you have it.

 

“... Ka ... Kaha ...!”

 

I couldn't see his face, but he was probably struggling, so I asked him what I wanted to ask.

 

“Hey, how do you feel about Sasaki-san? Do you think you did something wrong to Sasaki-san?”

 

“.....Ga......?!”

“Oh, I see. You can' t talk right?”

I loosen the grip a little bit.

 

“Don't turn around. I'll break your neck the second you do.”

“......who are you? You're Sasaki's boyfriend.......?”

“I don't care about all that. Answer my question.”

I applied a lot of pressure.

My nails dug into his throat.

 

“Gah ...! I understand ... I'm sorry, I’m sorry ... I think I did something terrible ... So please release me ...!”

“Nshikudo”

I chanted a mind-reading spell.

 

Then,

(Sasaki! I swear I’m going to kill you!!)

The voice in Kadokura's mind leaked out.

 

“...... Kadokura, I'm glad you're such a jerk.”

I mumbled through my mask and used my full power.

 

Goki.

 

There was a dull sound and sensation, and Kadokura's strength drained from his entire body at once.

 

Tete tete tte tte tte ~n!

 

{Onizuka Yamato has gained 1 level for killing Kengo Kadokura.}

{Maximum HP increased by 1, maximum MP increased by 2, strength increased by 1, defense increased by 1, and speed increased by 2}

 

The strange sound effects and machine-like sound in my brain told me that my level had increased.

 

As Kadokura's body disappeared from my hands.

“I think I'll have a good night's sleep.”

I walked to my apartment.


PREVIOUS | INDEX | NEXT


Ko-fi

Donate With Paypal

Patreon 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment