Leveling Murderer - Chapter 41

 Episode 41: A Sense of Accomplishment

 

The night after I killed Kadokura, I received a call from Sasaki-san.

 

She said that someone from the company had contacted her because Kadokura had gone AWOL, but she hadn't heard anything from him.

 

“Um, did Onizuka-san do something to ......?”

“......”

I kept my mouth shut.

 

The reason being I thought it would be bad if there was a recording, even though there was no evidence of murder left.

 

“Well, if you're wondering if I'm recording or something, I'm not, so don't worry.”

Sasaki-san says so, but just in case I..

 

“……”

I reply in silence.

 

“...... Oh, okay. What should I do about the fee then? I thought you said it was a contingency fee.......”

“......”

Oh, by the way, I didn't get paid anything.

 

But however, if I were to accept the money here, it would be like admitting my involvement in Kadokura's disappearance.

 

Hmmm ...... I should have received the money in advance.

 

“......”

As I continued to remain in silence with regret.

“Well, then, let me finish by saying one last thing .......”

Sasaki-san said this before finishing up.

 

“I am very grateful to you, Onizuka-san. Thank you very much.”

About ten seconds later, the phone hung up.

 

“You were thankful ......? To me?”

 

Sasaki-san is probably aware of the fact that I did something to Kadokura.

I guess that's why she expressed her gratitude to me.

 

I was puzzled by the fact that she thanked me for killing someone, but at the same time, a strange feeling of accomplishment filled my heart.

 

What I had done was definitely evil.

At least that's what I thought until just now.

But now that I heard Sasaki-san's calm voice, I honestly don't understand.

 

Maybe there are people in this world who need me, a murderer.

That was when I was vaguely thinking about it.

 

Buuuuuunn ....... Buuuuuunn.......

 

I received a text message on my phone.

When I opened the email, I wondered who it was from, and there was the name of a new client and the details of the request.

 

  

 

I've already deleted my e-mail address and the text I posted on the Internet forum.

 

And yet, a new e-mail request popped into my inbox.

 

The client is Hisao Kaihara, 31 years old.

The request was to investigate his wife's affair.

 

“Why don't you just go to a more professional detective agency for that?”

 

I was about to delete the email, but my fingers stopped when I saw the text underneath it.

Request fee: 250,000 yen

(TN- Approx. 2.3k USD)

“Two hundred and fifty thousand, seriously......?”

I had lost my job and my wallet was getting lonely, so 250,000 yen was quite a lot of money.

I gulped.

 

“Affair investigation means...... just a little tailing and taking pictures, right?”

When he mentioned it without saying anything to anyone, I asked Hisao Kaihara where he lived.

In less than a minute, I got a reply saying, “Kumamoto Prefecture.”

 

“Kumamoto~!”

I looked up at the ceiling.

Unfortunately, I live in Gunma Prefecture, so investigating an affair is impossible.

250,000 yen is tempting, but I guess I'll have to say no.

 

“Wait a minute. If I use my clairvoyance, I'll be able to get by.”

I got the idea and immediately sent an email to the man asking him to send me his wife's name and photo.

Within a minute, I received another email with a picture attached.

 

“Good. Good.”

After exchanging a few emails with Kaihara, the contract was successfully concluded.

He agreed to pay in advance. So, I learnt from my mistake at the time with Sasaki-san and took the payment.

 

“I'll start the investigation as soon as the money is transferred.”

After sending the last confirmation email, I lay down on my bed.

 

But since I didn't have anything special to do, I decided to take a look at Kaihara-san's wife to see what she was up to.

 

I thought of the face of Kaihara-san's wife, Hiroko Kaihara.

“Ngarince.”

I chanted.

 

Then I closed my eyes and looked for her.

“What?!”

My eyes widened in surprise.

 

“Oh, come on...... that's not happening.”

 

Hiroko Kaihara was in the middle of an affair right now.


PREVIOUS | INDEX | NEXT


Ko-fi

Donate With Paypal

Patreon 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment