Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 66

 Episode 66 - The Temple

 

"Chuchu-chuu! Chu! Chu!”

(Geez! Boss! My nose is about to burst! There are so many dead bodies wandering around!)

 

Well, I don’t think it is that bad for me as compared to Jispo, but I think my nose is going to burst from this smell too. I don't have a nose, though.

 

There are wandering corpses and ghosts as far as the eye can see in this wide meadow. There are also some bodies that aren't wandering, but they have weapons or are wearing armor, so they might be the remains of a battlefield.

 

The non-wandering corpses have maggots on them. And some of the wandering corpses are eating them. It's scary to look at them because they are moving so slowly.

 

Hmm, what chaos.

 

There is one with torn arms and spider-like legs, and another with a demon's head attached to the body of a snake. What the hell is this?

 

Oh, he fell, that corpse! The impact of the fall caused his leg to be ripped off. Geez. Gross.

 

Hmm? Octopus-like legs sprouted from the wound on the broken leg. The broken leg is now moving like an octopus' leg.

 

Okay, I get it. When a wandering corpse's body is torn, the torn part is transformed into a demon or a deformed form. Apparently, the non-wandering corpses that were eaten started to move. How horrible. It's like hell, isn't it?

 

There are no dead bodies or ghosts attacking me, but it's still not good for my mental health.

 

I clasped my hands together. The halo line light also emerged. And then I shot out vertical line lights all over the grassland, with almost no power. Finally, I prayed for the souls of the dead.

 

{Log: The golem has done an average of 400 damage to the zombies and ghosts.}

{Log: The zombies have turned to dust and ascended to heaven}

{Log: The ghosts have ascended to heaven}

 

Whew, this eases the hellish scene in front of me. But the uneaten corpse are still there. I feel a little sorry for them, rotting away in this grassland with maggots. Some of the bereaved families might want to pick up the bones, but only in the wake of the wandering corpses and ghosts.

 

I clasped my hands together again and released a line light with enough power to make the corpse disappear. The corpses disappeared from the wide grassland.

Namu Amida Butsu. I hope you will be able to attain enlightenment.

 

 

The further I walked, the more wandering corpses and ghosts I saw. I carefully sent them all to the other side.

 

This is the result of people forgetting about the Obon Festival.

 

I'm in trouble because I forgot to give thanks to my ancestors. I guess I should have made a proper offering to them.

 

After a short walk, I saw a temple-like building on top of a small mountain. The area around it was filled with wandering corpses and ghosts. It was night, so there were many fireballs flickering around. The wandering corpses were pounding on the gate, as if they wanted to enter the temple. The rest of the corpses are pounding on the temple walls. The ghosts are trying to climb over the wall to get into the temple, but something seems to be blocking their way.

 

From inside the temple, I can hear what sounds like someone chanting prayers.

 

Oh, right!?

 

I thought the wandering corpses and ghosts wanted to enter the temple, or sleep in the grave, but no! They are angry because the chanting is not enough!

If you think about it that way and look at this situation, it makes sense.

 

More! More! More! Let us hear more chants! It's not touching our souls like this! Let us hear more soulful sutras! Chant sutras with enough passion to make us become enlightened! That's what this is all about!

 

That's why everyone is urging each other with gate and wall banging. You guys are really fabulous!

 

What passionate hearts these corpses and ghosts have! Even when you're dead, you still have that burning passion in your hearts! How cool! Very cool! I wish I could live like that!

 

{Log: The effects of the [Enlightened One] have calmed my excitement}

 

Well, they're dead. Okay, I'll support them. I'll join the corpses in urging them to chant enough sutras to satisfy them.

 

I stomp my foot down to match the thumping sound of the wandering corpses. The thumping of the corpses and the thumping of my feet grew louder and louder.

 

Don! Don! Don! Don! Don! Don! Don! Don!

 

As if in response to our demand, the chanting coming from inside the temple became louder and louder. Good, keep up the good work! I'm sure your chanting will reach the hearts of the corpses and ghosts!

But the corpses are greedy.

 

They're still not satisfied. They want more and more! I couldn't hide my amazement.

 

The voices coming from inside the temple are not only chanting, but also shouting. "Stop it!", "Save me!", it's like screaming! If it were me, I would have thought that it's time to leave, but since we were all demons, we were being harsh with them.

 

I understand.

 

We are urging you because we believe in you. The thumping sound of the corpses is filled with such wishes!

 

That's right, my actions are not with the other person in mind. If I really think about them, I should demand them strictly like the corpses. That's what will bring out the power of those in the temple!

 

All right, I'll don with you!

 

Don! Don! Don! Don! Don! Don! Don! Don!

 

The chanting and screams heat up accordingly. Yes, that is exactly what the corpses and ghosts must be looking for!

 

 

"Chuu-chuu. Chuchu?"

(Hey, boss. Are you not going to help?)

 

Jispo pokes his head out of his pouch and asks me a question. I tilted my head. What do you mean, "help"? Aren't I helping corpses and ghosts by stomping my feet in time with them? What are you talking about? This hamster.

 

"Chuchu, chu, chu chuchu."

(I mean, I think, no, I think everyone thinks that the temple is being attacked by those corpses and ghosts.)

 

Hmm? What do you mean?

 

Oh, I guess you could say that's one way to look at it. I was looking at the situation from the corpses' point of view. But from the perspective of the people in the temple, it looks like dead bodies and ghosts are attacking them. I guess you have to look at things from both sides to understand.

 

I took the time to observe the temple and its surroundings.

 

Well, it looks like Jispo's opinion is right this time. There are some men climbing up a big tree by the wall, crying and sprinkling some kind of salt.

 

I was a little mistaken, wasn't I? I've been careless.

 

Now that I have realized my mistake, I must immediately correct my behavior. I am a golem who can immediately adjust his behavior!

 

I clasp my hands together and generate a halo of line light. I then create a vertical line light around the temple, praying for the souls of the wandering corpses and ghosts.

 

{Log: The golem has dealt an average of 400 damage to the zombies, ghosts, and fireballs}

{Log: The zombies have turned to dust and ascended to heaven}

{Log: The ghosts have ascended to heaven}

{Log: The fireballs have ascended to heaven}

 

Namu Amida Butsu. I will never forget the beat that I made with you. Please rest in peace.

 

Oh, one of the men who was up in the tree was startled and fell. Is he okay?


Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment