Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 65

 Episode 65 - Encounter with Evil Spirit

 

I am a golem.

 

Finally, dawn has come. The morning sun is dazzling. I wondered if the fireballs would appear again when I passed through the village, but it seemed that they wouldn't if I activated [Hide]. I felt a little sad, so I turned off [Hide], and the fireball came out to light up my path. Thank you, fireball. And now that night has fallen, it disappeared as if its role was over.

 

They appear before I know it, and when their role is done, they quickly disappear. I was a little impressed by such fireballs. That's what a true professional looks like. That's cool!

 

I continue along the path. There are no demons or bandits in sight. I wonder what's going on in this island country.

 

As I continued on my way wondering, a member of the demon tribe appeared on the road ahead of me. Oh, I've found the first villager. I have to activate Hide before he finds me. But something doesn't look right. He looks like he's wandering aimlessly.

 

Hmmm, is he feeling sick?

 

I was a little worried, so I approached him without activating [Hide].

Oh, this one is definitely not in good shape, or perhaps even dead? It looks like it's rotting in some places, and some of its bones are visible. One of his eyeballs was missing.

 

Oh, I see. I get it. It is indeed a fantasy world. It's the Obon of this world. On Obon, the dead really do come back!

 

(TN- Obon is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the spirits of one's ancestors.)

 

If that is the case, then I can understand the circumstances behind the corpse wandering in front of me. What a lonely and sad conclusion.

 

When he came back to this world for the Obon festival, he found that his house was already gone and his family and descendants were gone. So, it was not ready for him to return to the other world, but he had no home to stay in, so he had to wander around.

 

What a lonely wandering corpse. At the very least, I will pray for your soul. Rest in peace.

 

A soft light enveloped the wandering corpse in front of me. Then the wandering corpse disappears from the edges of its body!

 

{Log: The golem has dealt 400 damage to the zombie}.

{Log: The zombie turned to dust and ascended to the heavens}

 

< Thank you >

Oh, no. My God. It's gone. My prayer was an offensive skill. But it sounded grateful, so I must have done something good. I'm sure he wanted to get back to the other side as soon as possible. Rest well in the afterlife.

 

After that, the more I walked, the more I encountered wandering corpses. Some of them were ghosts like Sebastian, who did not have a physical body. They were quite a bit more transparent ghosts than Sebastian, though.

 

I guess the society of the demon tribe is becoming more nuclear family-oriented. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many dead bodies and ghosts wandering around. The passage of time is cruel to those who are left behind.

 

Whenever I encountered such corpses and ghosts, I offered prayers and let them go back to the other world. On the way, I thought it would be better to keep the ambience in mind, so I generated a line light on my back and did not forget to produce a halo.

 

{Log: Golem dealt 400 damage to Ghost}

{Log: The ghost turned to dust and ascended to the heavens}

 

I chant “Namo Amida Butsu” in my mind, and clasp my hands together to send it off.

 

“Chuchu-chu-chu! Ch-ch-ch-choo!”

(It's so bright! Boss is glowing!)

Jispo wakes up from his nap, looks dazzled, and dives deep into the pouch. He's probably going to sleep again. He's really enjoying his life with three meals, a snack and naps.

 

 

As I continued on my way, I saw a village. Oh, I don't see a lot of ...... villagers. All the figures I could see were either wandering corpses or ghosts.

 

Unlike the road I had just taken, the corpses and ghosts were in groups. The houses are all over the place, but I wonder if they didn't let them in. Maybe they abandoned taking care of the corpses and ghosts. If it's a ghost, it's just a little scary, but with a dead body, there's the smell and everything. I can't help but understand that feeling. The custom of Obon is also changing rapidly.

 

If that were true, it would be the monk's job, but it can't be helped. This is where the monk Golem comes in.

 

I shine my powerless line light on the corpses and ghosts as if it were light from heaven. Then I say a prayer. As the corpses and ghosts disappear, I turn off the line light as well. Of course, I don't forget to create a halo from behind me.

 

{Log: The golem has dealt an average of 400 damage to the zombies and ghosts}.

{Log: The zombies turned to dust and ascended to the heavens}

 

{Log: The ghosts have ascended to heaven}

< Finally, Can, Get, Sleep, Thank >

 

I sent all the corpses and ghosts to the other world. I left the village, thinking that I should become a Buddha.

 

There was no one outside the house except the corpses and ghosts. The houses were tightly closed, and I wondered if it was a custom not to leave the house during Obon.

 

Jispo was doing his daily routine of polishing my body. Recently, he seems to have become able to brush my body freely while I walk. He seems to have grown up before I knew it.

 

“Chuu-chuu-chuu!”

(Oh, boss, please keep picking those berries!)

 

He's still as impudent as ever, though.

 

After the golem left the village, the doors of the houses finally began to open. Then, the villagers gathered out of their houses, forming a circle around the village chief.

 

“I can't believe it.”

 

“No matter how hard we tried to cut them with our swords or thrust them with our spears, we couldn't do anything.”

 

“Even the lord's soldiers were so overwhelmed that they withdrew at last.”

 

“Yeah, the Lord abandoned us.”

 

“Well, it seems that Buddha has not abandoned us.”

 

“Thank God.”

 

“The Buddha must have provided us with the Silver Monk.”

 

“We should be grateful to Buddha.”

 

“ Now this village might be safe.”

 

“Indeed, we had no where to run to.”

 

The villagers quietly bowed their heads, clasping their hands in the direction the golem had gone.

 


Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment