Kawaranu Mono <Kirameki no Gōremu>- Chapter 64

 Episode 64 - Response of the Demon Tribe

 

I am a golem.

 

We finally arrived at the island nation where the demon tribe lives.

 

The name of the demon country is Kukano, and it seems that various powerful tribes are gathered under one queen. This time, the situation was out of their control, so they had no choice but to send a request for help from outside. The guild official who was guiding us told us that the situation had become more serious since the request was made so late.

 

The ship arrived at the port, and I landed on the ground for the first time in a long time. It was a special trip to send us in this time. But I'm not alone, as there are a number of adventurers on board.

 

I was worried that some idiot would get involved with me on the ship, but no one did. In fact, no one even came close to me. I felt at home in the labyrinth city, but on this ship, I felt like I was far away.

 

The guild staff who were to guide me came down with me. He said that the son of the powerful family that ruled this area was here to greet us. The situation must be really bad for the son of the lord to be here. He also said that the adventurers who had descended from the ship with me were also going to accompany us.

 

Three demon tribesmen came to talk to the guild staff.

 

One was a boy with two horns on his forehead and a sword on his waist. The second was a very large man with a large horn on the front of his head and a large spear and shield in his hands. The third was a woman with an iron folding fan on her belt and two small horns growing out of her forehead. Apparently, these three will lead us out of here.

 

The guild staff introduced me to the three of them. The boy is called Shishimaru, the big man is called Tatamaru, and the woman is called Yasaka. The big man complained, “It seems that the guild has no intention of sending us any real adventurers to help us.” The boy replied, “This is Himiko-sama's decision, so it can't be helped.” “You two should watch your mouths,” the woman chided.

 

The guild official, noting the state of concern, said, “The silver golem is the strongest adventurer we have. There is no better adventurer than him,” he said desperately, but no one seemed to believe him, including the three demon tribesmen and the adventurers around me.

 

After all, maybe my adorable body doesn't have any sign of authority. And it's shiny.

 

 

Today we were going to stay in one of the Shishimaru's mansions to recover from the long journey, and tomorrow we were going to visit Himiko, the queen. I thought we would be riding horses, but it seemed we would be going on foot.

 

I made it to the mansion before dark, but for some reason I was standing alone outside the mansion. The gatekeepers wouldn't let me in.

 

The three demons and the other adventurers seemed to take it as no surprise, and they all went inside. I tried to appeal to them to let me in, but they insisted that I could not.

 

Huh, guild staff, your explanation didn't reach them. I came here because I was asked to by an old man in the labyrinth city, but isn't this a terrible response? I realized that demons are treated in a similar way everywhere.

 

I'm not being paid yet, and if the demon tribe is going to treat me that way, I have no choice. I will act as I please.

 

 

I walked along the road, feeling a little depressed. The sun had already set, so the area was only slightly illuminated by the moonlight. There were many fallen acorns along the way. I picked them up and put them in my pouch for food for Jispo, and the pouch became very full.

 

“Chuu-chuu.”

(This too much, boss.)

 

Jispo, squeezed by the acorns, expressed his thoughts to me. However, it was rather unconvincing as he continued to chew on the acorns.

 

After a short walk, a fireball appeared in front of us, shimmering and flying. This is a fantasy world where even ghosts exist, so fireballs are not uncommon. I proceeded onward, unconcerned. The number of fireballs around me is increasing little by little.

 

Perhaps they are gathering to illuminate my path because it is dark. I can see fine in the dark, but it's nice to see the thoughtfulness of the fireballs. Having been a little depressed by the earlier response, I felt a little happy and continued on my way, skipping ahead.

 

When I entered the village, there was no one there. There were no houses with open fires. Hmmm... I feel like I'm hiding under my breath. I knew that there was definitely something going on in this country, so I left the village.

 

 

The next day in the village where the fireballs appeared in large numbers, the men of the village gathered at the village chief's mansion.

 

“Chief, a fireball has finally appeared in this village, hasn't it?”

“Oh, I wish the lords would do something about it, but from what I've heard, it's not going to be easy.”

“But you're calling for help and relying on strangers, aren't you? Isn't that something you can handle?”

“If the other party is normal, that is. It is rumored that the ruckus was caused by the opening of the door to Hades. I wonder how far we can go against the beings of Hades.”

“The Hades?”

“Yes, spirits of death and evil. Some of them are real, and some of them are not. And no matter how many times you slay them, they always come back to life. It's a difficult opponent.”

“Then what should we do?”

“There is nothing we can do. We'll have to pray to God or Buddha.”

 

Then the village chief muttered in annoyance.

 

“The mountain lords are taking advantage of this chaos to expand their holdings. We have to be prepared for that. Everyone should be ready to escape at a moment's notice.”

“Oh” “I understand” “Yes” “I agree.”

 

The men of the village replied in their own way and went back to their houses.


Patreon

 Ko-fi

Paypal


PreviousIndex | Next

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment